Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's funny, but you might want to take a look at the post #110 above.

cybertruck-3-jpg.477330

It looks like a modern stylised Snow-Cat

LMC1500.jpg

I have a feeling this is not going to play well in Peoria..... I'm afraid it will confirm that Elon is an 8-year-old boy and anyone who currently drives a pickup will pass out from laughing. Yes, I realize that it will be amazing to drive, have tons of performance, etc. But the king of the hill in the looks category is the Raptor, not mars rover or 70's sci-fi.
I have a feeling it will grow on people. The standard pickup design hasn't changed in decades, and it's frankly boring as hell. They all look the same (e.g block on wheels). It's about time someone spiced it up.

The more I see APC's the more I think the cyber truck won't have a drop off in the back. Traditionally, the bed would be lower than the cabin, but i could see him going full military here and having it be one piece with a loading dock in the back. Could be the reason we haven't seen a silhouette of the truck yet. Similar to this one though.
terrex_av81.jpg

Obviously on a smaller scale, but this look and his comment about the "magic being in the details" is what is driving this to be the most anticipated unveiling of the year. The stream might crash that night.

Spotted load testing today near Mendocino...
View attachment 477517
That looks fairly awesome.

Put me in the nervous camp though. Why stray so far..when the "mission" is to accelerate transition to EV's. If its too weird in the aesthetics category, transitional acceleration will not be maximized.

I worry they are making a similar mistake to the X. The X flat out should of come out with regular 4 doors first,...and not been delayed for 2 years or whatever it was. Then release the falcon-wing doors a couple years later, as an option. Why not go with more conventional truck, then release the other. Hoping I am wrong..and if it looks like the image below, I think things will be just fine for Tesla.

Because doing things conventionally wouldn't have gotten Tesla to where it is today. And doing things too conventionally / conservatively is why the legacy manufacturers have all been caught without competitive (to Tesla) EVs for years.

Also, the Cybertruck doesn't need to be a high volume seller (i.e. profit generator for Tesla), the Model 3 and Y fill those roles. By everything that Musk has said about the truck, it seems like it'll be a halo model for the brand.

The more I see APC's the more I think the cyber truck won't have a drop off in the back. Traditionally, the bed would be lower than the cabin, but i could see him going full military here and having it be one piece with a loading dock in the back. Could be the reason we haven't seen a silhouette of the truck yet. Similar to this one though.

I've been thinking about that for a bit now, given Elon's comment about a futuristic APC and a couple other hints, the vague pictures, etc... I can see several configuration possibilities here and there's a reason he's been pitching it to the military. I can let my mind run pretty wild so won't go into speculations, will just wait for the reveal.

Reactions: LJS22
I know it's probably a long shot now but I just wanted to see if ANYONE has a +1 available for the 21st?? I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY love to go and see the cybertruck in person and would be SUPER happy if someone can point me in the direction of a +1... if there's any left. Lol
THANKS!!!

Guys, the tires are DEFINITELY going to be airless.

They just straight up look like it from the enhanced pics here, but also Elon said "it's literally bulletproof"

The only truly bulletproof tires are airless tires.

I'm sure of this now.

Reactions: Obsoletion

They just straight up look like it from the enhanced pics here, but also Elon said "it's literally bulletproof"

The only truly bulletproof tires are airless tires.

I'm sure of this now.

Talking about airless tires, this Audi concept might give an idea of the Tesla Cyber Truck?

Now can you make it under $50k?

audi_ai_trail_passenger_quarter_still-01.jpg

aitrail08.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold

. The only truly bulletproof tires are airless tires.

I'm sure of this now.

There’s a reason why all highway vehicles have tires with air. They work and add a huge amount of shock absorption. Airless tires are used in very specific environments (slow speed, puncture resistance) when the alternatives are steel tracks. Think junk yard equipment. Not even moderate speed military vehicles, such as Hummers, have airless tires.

Military Hummers had self healing tires and airline to pump up (or release) while driving.

Reactions: ohmman and mongo
There’s a reason why all highway vehicles have tires with air. They work and add a huge amount of shock absorption. Airless tires are used in very specific environments (slow speed, puncture resistance) when the alternatives are steel tracks. Think junk yard equipment. Not even moderate speed military vehicles, such as Hummers, have airless tires.

Military Hummers had self healing tires and airline to pump up (or release) while driving.