TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Delivers 10,030 Vehicles in Q1 of 2015

Discussion in 'News' started by RobStark, Apr 3, 2015.

1. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

SOURCE: Tesla Motors, Inc.
    26814_teslalogo.jpg

April 03, 2015 09:00 ET

Tesla Delivers 10,030 Vehicles in Q1 of 2015

PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 3, 2015) - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) delivered 10,030 cars in Q1 of 2015, which is a new company record for the most deliveries in a quarter and represents a 55% increase over Q1 last year.

Going forward, Tesla will publish the number of new car deliveries within three days of quarter end. We have decided to take this approach, because inaccurate sources of information are sometimes used by others to project the number of vehicle deliveries.

There may be small changes to this delivery count (usually well under 1%), as Tesla only counts a delivery if it is transferred to the end customer and all paperwork is correct.

Also, this is only one measure of our financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of our quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles.

ABOUT TESLA
    Tesla Motors' (NASDAQ: TSLA) goal is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transport with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures electric vehicles, as well as EV powertrain components. Tesla has delivered nearly 70,000 electric vehicles to customers worldwide.

[CONTACT INFORMATION

http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...la-2006611.htm

2. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

I hear some shorts burning.

3. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Awesome news!! :cool: Thanks for posting that.

4. ScepticMatt

ScepticMatt Member

5. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Pre announcement. Nice.

Solid beat.

Hear the beat drop :)

6. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

Nice numbers! I think it's good that Tesla is doing this now. It will end a lot of speculation.

7. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

It ends *this* spot of speculation, but there's still plenty for people to guess about. And they will, including the analysts and article writers.

8. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

And boom goes the dynamite.

9. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

This probably means a guidance of 12k for Q2 2015.

10. WarrenInCA

WarrenInCA Member

Is it ok to try to use the Fremont supercharger now that the end of quarter rush is over?

11. MSEV

MSEV Member

Wasn't it 33,000 for the year last year? Divided by four, that would be 8250 per quarter. That is a nice increase. I hope they are feeling good about it.

12. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

13. Wolfgang Nomayer

I bet the big 3, and a few german automakers are having a minor TIA! :)

14. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Should, if they are producing 40% of their cars in the first half, 40% of 55K is 22K, subtract 10K from this quarter and you'd expect 12K in Q2.

I'll hazard a guess at Q3 and Q4, 15K and 18K.

15. MSEV

MSEV Member

Nice graph, Rob. Very helpful.

16. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Like it, too. Find it especially interesting that from that graph, Q4 2014 actually looks better than Q1 2015 (higher up relative to linear fit to the data) while the general perception is quite the opposite.

17. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Just found the explanation for that in uselesslogin´s post in the other thread: Two more weeks of production in Q4/14 than Q1/15!

2015 Q1 Discussion thread for Delivery numbers, Earnings Report and Conference Call

18. sickfox

sickfox Member

+1 :biggrin: they actually added additional charging station (not superchargers) behind the waiting area. I don't think it's for customer use. I just saw it a couple of days ago

19. belltown99

belltown99 Member

20. SebastianR

SebastianR Member

#20 SebastianR, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    It is a bad article. Aside from FUD, I don't see any new information. The whole article is full of speculation "might / could / should" and comes back to the basic premise that yes, Tesla projected a growth and that growth has not been realized yet (as logically the year is not over yet).

If you compare Q1 2013 numbers to Q4 2013 numbers you could write the exact same WSJ article today. These articles were around back then, they will be around in future, too.

I remember that before the Model S was released, the common tune of the FUD was "nobody has ever designed a car from scratch and engineered it successfully", then when it was built the tune was along the lines of "well, they build XX hundreds, that's easy. Now the hard part comes: building XX thousands".

I'm really tired of these articles. I want new, intelligent and good bear stories, not the old, dumb, rehashed and stupid ones!