Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Delivery Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, a few hours ago I received a text message from Tesla Delivery wanting to verify that I am paying cash and do not have a trade-in. I replied Yes. This is the first contact of any kind since placing my order on April 15. For those of you that have already received your vehicles, can you tell me how far in advance this might be from actual delivery? Hoping it will be soon!

So, a few hours ago I received a text message from Tesla Delivery wanting to verify that I am paying cash and do not have a trade-in. I replied Yes. This is the first contact of any kind since placing my order on April 15. For those of you that have already received your vehicles, can you tell me how far in advance this might be from actual delivery? Hoping it will be soon!
It should hopefully be within a month. The computer will probably assign you a VIN soon.

My first contact after the "break" was 5/18 with similar questions, delivery date 6/4. But, I got a call from Nevada indicating they had a VIN assigned. Sometimes screening calls hurts getting these calls as I finally picked up a call from Nevada....2nd day of attempting to reach me...

The vin will show up in the code of the product-finalize page. It shows on the page after tesla has contacted you and hit some button that allows you to view it normal. Some people are being told its on a truck or is in line to be loaded on a truck. So that part seems to be up in the air. I think the delivery center gets a request to contact and when he/she gets around to it you get the delivery TXT/Email.

The vin will show up in the code of the product-finalize page. It shows on the page after tesla has contacted you and hit some button that allows you to view it normal. Some people are being told its on a truck or is in line to be loaded on a truck. So that part seems to be up in the air. I think the delivery center gets a request to contact and when he/she gets around to it you get the delivery TXT/Email.
That brings up my next question...once on the truck, what is the time to get across the country, to TX, for example....everything should be finalized for mine tomorrow, so hopefully that fits a timeframe of getting here by the scheduled delivery date 6/4. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow once everything gets finalized and my advisor calls and/or updates the delivery date.

That brings up my next question...once on the truck, what is the time to get across the country, to TX, for example....everything should be finalized for mine tomorrow, so hopefully that fits a timeframe of getting here by the scheduled delivery date 6/4. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow once everything gets finalized and my advisor calls and/or updates the delivery date.
When do you actually speak to an advisor? Are they local or at some national center?

I think I can help with some of these questions about the basic timeline.

I ordered my MY on 4/14/20.

On 5/23/20 I noticed the documents section of my Tesla account showed a mvpa. The mvpa showed I have been assigned VIN 99xx. At that point I had not received any contact from Tesla.

The next day, 5/24/20, I noticed my Tesla account had been updated to show a delivery date of 6/23/20. This is located on the right side of the page, right below my reservation number and right above the address of my delivery center. Still had not received any contact from Tesla.

Today, 2/25/20, I received the same text message stating, “We need to verify you are paying cash and not trading in a vehicle.”

I ordered a White MY-AWD with black interior and Gemini wheels.

Hope this info is helpful.

Reactions: Raiders and tez_man
I think I can help with some of these questions about the basic timeline.

I ordered my MY on 4/14/20.

On 5/23/20 I noticed the documents section of my Tesla account showed a mvpa. The mvpa showed I have been assigned VIN 99xx. At that point I had not received any contact from Tesla.

The next day, 5/24/20, I noticed my Tesla account had been updated to show a delivery date of 6/23/20. This is located on the right side of the page, right below my reservation number and right above the address of my delivery center. Still had not received any contact from Tesla.

Today, 2/25/20, I received the same text message stating, “We need to verify you are paying cash and not trading in a vehicle.”

I ordered a White MY-AWD with black interior and Gemini wheels.

Hope this info is helpful.
Yes, thank you! Mine is a Blue MY-AWD with black interior and Gemini wheels.

There is no rhyme or reason on how Tesla delivers products based off my ancillary lurking here.

Like other rollouts, people who ordered “late” get their vehicles before “early” reservation holders.

Based off ancillary comments posted here, it’s more like a last min Larry, “Bro your ride is ready, you got the cash?”

meanwhile more and more people are like, “ELON, TAKE MY MONEY!!!”

I’m sure it will stabilize but you’re looking at a new release of what I am sure will be their most popular product by far, so timelines will vary.

Last that I heard, my wife's MY was supposed to leave Scottsdale tomorrow (Tuesday) for delivery to us in NM on Thursday. Tonight I got a call from a Spokane number and I almost didn't answer. But I did and it was the driver saying he was around the corner. We took a good look at it and it is simply gorgeous. We could not find a thing wrong. It was immaculate and everything appears to fit great. The driver said when he was picking it up they wouldn't stop going over it with chamois to ensure it was spotless.

I have seen my VIN in source code since Saturday. Called local rep and she confirmed it was at factory but had no other information, only told me they would reach out when it was being delivered. Haven't heard anything else and my account page hasn't been officially updated with VIN or had MVPA show up yet... Any others who saw VIN early in source code have an idea of timeline?

I have seen my VIN in source code since Saturday. Called local rep and she confirmed it was at factory but had no other information, only told me they would reach out when it was being delivered. Haven't heard anything else and my account page hasn't been officially updated with VIN or had MVPA show up yet... Any others who saw VIN early in source code have an idea of timeline?
Found my VIN on source code on 5/25 (107XX). Still not showing on Account page but recevied call yesterday from Tesla dealership in KC to schedule pickup at delivery center on 6/13. Hope you get yours soon!

What does your page have at the moment, awaiting final payment information?

Found my VIN on source code on 5/25 (107XX). Still not showing on Account page but recevied call yesterday from Tesla dealership in KC to schedule pickup at delivery center on 6/13. Hope you get yours soon!

Thanks, I've been getting excited every time I see an unknown number call haha

What does your page have at the moment, awaiting final payment information?

I've had everything done through insurance info. Has just been saying "drafting contract." Nothing asking for final payment yet...

I've had everything done through insurance info. Has just been saying "drafting contract." Nothing asking for final payment yet...
You're probably still 3-4+ weeks out, depending on your vehicle configuration and what Tesla has in queue for the Freemont factory.
Once it changes and it asks about payment, it's getting ready to ship out of California.