Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Drive Units with full custom control up to 634 HP/475 kW (and more)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
So I currently have quite a few Tesla drive units in stock and ready to ship with full custom control. Full control over every variant. Small, large, large performance, etc, including a variant of the unit used in my P90++ project.

If you know anyone interested in using one of these for an EV conversion, spread the word. Feel free to reach out to me directly with inquiries, also.

hsrmotors.com

:)

So I currently have quite a few Tesla drive units in stock and ready to ship with full custom control. Full control over every variant. Small, large, large performance, etc, including a variant of the unit used in my P90++ project.

If you know anyone interested in using one of these for an EV conversion, spread the word. Feel free to reach out to me directly with inquiries, also.

hsrmotors.com
:)
Nice web site. What type of performance upgrades are available for a 70D? :cool:
Services | HSR Motors

Last edited:
wk057, love what you are doing. What we need is the dimensions of the drive units to be shown in your catalogue. This will allow us to see if it will fit in many applications. The standard Tesla wheelbase is two wide. The idea is to replace the independent suspension rear differential with a Tesla drive unit. The half shaft angles become a question as does ground clearance.

Reactions: Hank42
Nice web site. What type of performance upgrades are available for a 70D? :cool:

Right now I have a few untested modifications in mind for performance upgrades on the non-performance dual motor cars. Should have some more info soon. :)

wk057, love what you are doing. What we need is the dimensions of the drive units to be shown in your catalogue. This will allow us to see if it will fit in many applications. The standard Tesla wheelbase is two wide. The idea is to replace the independent suspension rear differential with a Tesla drive unit. The half shaft angles become a question as does ground clearance.

You are correct of course. Seems this was overlooked somehow. I do have these dimensions in my notes for the website, but they weren't added. I'll get to that soon, and get a visual for it made up. Thanks. :)

I'd love to convert my older Mustang, I've wanted to for quite a while. I'm not sure if I could fit one of the Model S drive motors under the rear with the Mustang IRS that were on some of the cars or if the full S rear clip would be too wide even with the fender flares. I'll have to look at the specs. I've seen electric motor adapters for the T5 transmission in the Mustang. would it be possible to mount a Tesla motor under the hood to the tranny with the differential locked? Edit: just realized that the gearing would probably be all messed up that way.

Dibs on the first Model 3 drive train!

Do you do full conversions on customer cars? I wish you were local.

P.S. As a recently former employee, thanks for all you've done for the community here and kudos for figuring out how all this stuff works. You know more about it than I do and I helped design it. Thanks also for posting the high res pics in the tear downs. It's really cool seeing my designs online and out in public around the world when for much of my career most of my designs would be in a box inside another box and locked in a lab somewhere. I have some of your pics in my work portfolio like the one snipped from below, hope that's ok :)

Mustang.JPG

BMB.JPG

Last edited: