Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Electric in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Chuq for the update. Hopefully if they get these approvals they wll be interested in selling the new Powerwall 3 here more quickly than would otherwise be the case. The Tesla Energy offerings here seem to me like an afterthought to date, with no local dedicated staff or expertise and all left to third party installers. I am holding off on a solar+battery system to see how PW3 goes in the US with the hope it arrives here within say six months.

Reactions: AussieOwner
Mail this morning from the Victorian Energy Services Commission:

"I am writing to notify you that on 17 April 2024, the Essential Services Commission approved Tesla Energy Ventures Australia Pty Ltd’s electricity retail licence application.
You can view a copy of the licence and record of decision on the commission’s website."
Hopefully can get licences throughout Australia ! Especially South Australia ;)

Selling energy in people’s homes for Tesla is like having a million more car chargers in Australia, without the infrastructure.. being that most people would charge at home, this is gold!
Sign me up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
So - no submissions were received... please excuse someone (me) who isn't aware of process here, but does that mean they're approved?
I don't think so, submissions are just an optional part of the process where interested parties can make their objections or support known.

It seems to be still in the "buried in soft peat" stage of the process.