Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy Plan to Octopus Flux

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla Energy Plan has ended and it’s not being renewed. I’ve sent an email to switch to Flux and see how that goes.

Unfortunately that has not happened yet and I’ve been defaulted to a regular tariff for import and a standard export. They still have control of my Powerwall so are charging at night and exporting after 4pm. I didn’t mind that when I was getting the balanced import and export prices but I’m grumpy now!

Anyone made this switch successfully? What did you have to do to get it sorted in the end?

My Tesla Energy Plan has ended and it’s not being renewed. I’ve sent an email to switch to Flux and see how that goes.

Unfortunately that has not happened yet and I’ve been defaulted to a regular tariff for import and a standard export. They still have control of my Powerwall so are charging at night and exporting after 4pm. I didn’t mind that when I was getting the balanced import and export prices but I’m grumpy now!

Anyone made this switch successfully? What did you have to do to get it sorted in the end?
Hi, have you tried an online switch? Seen multiple reports of people being able to join up through the browser as it's gone from register interest -->live.

Reactions: Gatsojon and ringi
Anybody know how long it takes to get an Outgoing MPAN Number?

Have been waiting since February for Octopus.
initially applied for Tesla Energy Plan. They closed the tariff, never acknowledged my application and never got back to me.
I then applied for Octopus Outgoing. They never acknowledged my application and never got back to me.
I then applied for Octopus Flux.. As usual, they never acknowledged my application and never got back to me.

Finally after contacting them pretty much every week, I am now on Octopus Flux, but only their Import tariff.
I am told that they need my import MAPAN from the National Grid, before I can export.

Does anybody know how long it takes to get an export MPAN?
Has anyone had a similar experience switching to Octopus Flux, without having had an export tariff before?

Thanks

Your incoming MPAN is on your electricity bill - its the 13 digit supply number shown in the "Details" section of your bill.
Octopus therefore have it as it's on your bill (if already with them), otherwise you can supply it from your current provider bills.

Can't answer your other question, as I've not bothered to set up export from my solar yet (only installed late Autumn, so not really generated much so far)

Export MPAN is a completely different number.. if you have a smart meter you should be able to see tariff1, tariff2, export and total options.
If the export is already showing numbers then your meter should already have an export MPAN. You just have to get it from your provider. I got mine over the phone.. but it was a bit of a wait.

Export MPAN is a completely different number.. if you have a smart meter you should be able to see tariff1, tariff2, export and total options.
If the export is already showing numbers then your meter should already have an export MPAN. You just have to get it from your provider. I got mine over the phone.. but it was a bit of a wait.
Thanks

as I have never been paid to export yet, I don’t have an extra MPAN.
I have contacted Octopus but they say they are waiting for a response from the grid.