Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla finally downgraded me from SR+ (240 miles) to SR (220 miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where the extra range is taken from the battery capacity? Is it the bottom or top?

i.e. you can only charge the battery to ~90% of it's physical capacity, or you cannot use the last 10% of its capacity? Hopefully the former, for battery longevity. If the latter, then you effectively get even less range should you choose to maintain battery life and not fully charge the battery constantly.

You guys can also make a request to Tesla support directly on your Tesla account:

upload_2019-9-10_10-44-55.png

However, after the rollback my battery range dropped 32 miles to a maximum range of 208 miles. The additional 12 mile loss of range is under investigation by Tesla engineering. (I am being told.)

HOLY CRAP thank you for stating this. Every time I do a "100%" charge it's been going down and it makes no sense, I have never been able to charge to 100 actual percent as I have an SR locked to 220. I am going to send a bug report and see what's up too. Thought it was normal.

After a prolonged chat session, I was given the same schpeal. Discharge to 20%, charge to 100%. Even though I told them I have already done that 3 times. They say if it doesn't fix it this time, to take it to a service center.

Problem is I live over 2 hours from a SC, and I don't think I can take off work to bring it in until November.

I really hope they can find an OTA fix soon.

Update: Despite my car showing SR designation and the loss of immersive sound. The diagnostics team said I am still configured as SR+ and my latest charge to 99% was 230 miles. He said we can expect a 6% degradation in first year. In response to the SR designation on my screen they just said it was a software issue and not to worry.

Update: Despite my car showing SR designation and the loss of immersive sound. The diagnostics team said I am still configured as SR+ and my latest charge to 99% was 230 miles. He said we can expect a 6% degradation in first year. In response to the SR designation on my screen they just said it was a software issue and not to worry.
And you never asked for a downgrade?