TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Financing

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Vitaman, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

According to my DS, Tesla can no longer offer financing in the State of Georgia.
    She implied that this was not mandated by the State. It was a precautionary move to make Tesla's legal case involving a cap in sales volume stronger.
    So those not purchasing with cash will need to find third party financing at least for the immediate future.

2. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

3. schneiderjohn

schneiderjohn Member

I looked through the eligibility requirements and there seems to me something called the "Tesla Loan Referral (FCS)". Is this how you qualified as a member of Alliant?

4. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

There are Federal rules governing who can join Credit Unions. Am not sure but I think just asking for a loan to buy a Tesla was enough for them to sign me up. Just ask them. I think from start to approval was 30 minutes. They knew exactly how to keep Tesla happy, and Tesla knew exactly how they were getting paid.

5. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I used Alliant on my P85+. Great experience. Using EFCU for the P85D. Painful experience. They operate in the dark ages. But they also have the best rate by far.

6. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Have any retirees gotten financing, if so, how?

7. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

Energy Federal has more rules for applying and are not the best organized bunch, but their customer service is downright friendly and they don't waste time giving approvals.
    They were way less together than PenFed, but that great rate lasts a good bit longer than the application process.