Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fremont Factory Drone Flyover- Model 3 Buffers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure VIN is assigned during the build/configuration process, not based on which one on the lot is closest to the service advisor doing the delivery or loading the transport truck.
That is true for X and S, but not the 3. DS can go down the list of CA people who want the color that is next up, check if they can pick it up before end of year, then move on to next car/ person depending on answer.

Video posted:
Yesterdays video car count ant this video car count is different. There are sections of todays video that have more cars and some sections that have less cars. I counted them.

I don't know what that means though. Are cars moving or just getting shuffled around? 90% of the cars are still in the same spot..

I would start of speculating with comments starting with words like "maybe" and such, however I hate that. I'm looking for facts.

If production has increased quickly, one supplier might not be able to deliver in time. If that part is easy to install after production, they have many cars waiting for it. Even battery must be replaceable. Of course some battery is needed to drive car to parking place. They could have substandard batteries not good enough for customers.

They have not started deliveries to Europe, so they have enough customers.

If production has increased quickly, one supplier might not be able to deliver in time. If that part is easy to install after production, they have many cars waiting for it. Even battery must be replaceable. Of course some battery is needed to drive car to parking place. They could have substandard batteries not good enough for customers.

They have not started deliveries to Europe, so they have enough customers.
Way to many ifs. No one should build if's upon other if's.....then end becomes so far from the truth.

We need some facts.

Can someone zoom in on the VINs :)

enhance.png

• Funny
Reactions: NeverFollow
Look its just one part holding up shipping.
You know how cigarette lighters in cars pop a little bit out when they are up to temperature ?
Well the socket installed in these cars was 2mm too big. So the lighter would pop ALL the way out and fall out.

The cars are waiting on a custom lighter that's 2mm bigger to fix the problem. It's expected in 4 to 6 weeks.
/S

• Funny
Reactions: NeverFollow
You know how cigarette lighters in cars pop a little bit out when they are up to temperature ?
Well the socket installed in these cars was 2mm too big. So the lighter would pop ALL the way out and fall out.

The cars are waiting on a custom lighter that's 2mm bigger to fix the problem. It's expected in 4 to 6 weeks.
/S

Cigarette lighter? Are you sure it isn't a part for the 8 track?

/S
Then they could deliver for non smoking customers.

Exactly.

How does everyone feel about the fact that we don't have any info?.

Under your rules of discussion, I do not think we are allowed to speculate about everyone's feelings.

Personally, I'm fine with not having a constant stream of updates. I enjoy playing what if vs being given the answer. I don't know what is in the box under the tree, but at some point I will