Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave away my Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have been a model 3 reservation holder since launch day. I had my model 3 configured and ready and was waiting for a VIN to be assigned. Back on Sept 20th i checked my Tesla account profile and my reservation number had disappeared from my account.

I called Tesla rt away and they told me that they gave away my reservation to someone else with the same name in florida and converted my model 3 order into a model X order. !!!

I was shocked....

they are trying to locate a car that matches my configuration and as of yet they have not found one. They gave me the option to wait 2-4 months and place a new order.

IS there any actions I can take ?? or anyone here that has gone through a similar issue ?

Thanks

So I have been a model 3 reservation holder since launch day. I had my model 3 configured and ready and was waiting for a VIN to be assigned. Back on Sept 20th i checked my Tesla account profile and my reservation number had disappeared from my account.

I called Tesla rt away and they told me that they gave away my reservation to someone else with the same name in florida and converted my model 3 order into a model X order. !!!

I was shocked....

they are trying to locate a car that matches my configuration and as of yet they have not found one. They gave me the option to wait 2-4 months and place a new order.

IS there any actions I can take ?? or anyone here that has gone through a similar issue ?

Thanks
Just place the new order and make sure you get credited for your $1000 you deposited and the $2500 you already put down.

... and if you have a Model X under your account, next time you're in Florida you should take it for a spin via the app.

I smell a fish (a very rotted dead one).

Tesla team always contacts through the email that you have used to create your account during the M3 booking process. So, them converting your M3 to MX without your knowledge isn't sounding right on all levels. Please see if you can expedite this issue to higher mgmt.

Forum members - Please chime in if anyone in here was called or contacted by any other means, other than email?

I'm just saying......OP has been a day one reservation holder, just just joined this forum today? To post something bad about Tesla?
Also, OP states they gave his VIN away 9/20 and he called right away and was told the bad news. So, almost 3 weeks later he joins this forum to post this? Sorry OP if this really happened to you, but I am quite skeptical. Do you have any proof of your reservation? Since it is day one, how about the gift Tesla sent to you? Do you remember what that was?

I'm just saying......OP has been a day one reservation holder, just just joined this forum today? To post something bad about Tesla?
Also, OP states they gave his VIN away 9/20 and he called right away and was told the bad news. So, almost 3 weeks later he joins this forum to post this? Sorry OP if this really happened to you, but I am quite skeptical. Do you have any proof of your reservation? Since it is day one, how about the gift Tesla sent to you? Do you remember what that was?

I was never contacted that they gave away my VIN. I only noticed that it was missing from my tesla profile when i logged in. I escalated the issue and they are working on it but by no means do i feel that they are doing anything to get me a M3. I joined today to see if anyone else had any issues similar to my case.

I was never contacted that they gave away my VIN. I only noticed that it was missing from my tesla profile when i logged in. I escalated the issue and they are working on it but by no means do i feel that they are doing anything to get me a M3. I joined today to see if anyone else had any issues similar to my case.

Your original post stated that you only had a reservation number and never received a VIN. So which is it?

I wouldn't doubt the OP. I've been contacted by Tesla before asking if I placed a certain order after adding it to my account because there were multiple people in my area with the same name.
Forehead smack.

You gotta be kiddin' me. So all that other information we all provided--e-mail address, phone number, home address, credit card number--they didn't try to match any of that? Just firstname lastname? Are they using freaking Excel to manage orders? :eek:

Anything is possible so I will give OP the benefit of the doubt. Sorry that you are going through this.

I would suggest that you talk with Tesla again and make sure that your original reservation deposit of $1000 and order deposit of $2500 are still in your account. If not, I would escalate to get that resolved ASAP.

If you waited to order, I presume that you may have ordered a PAWD or AWD configuration and they still may be difficult to come by so I would not assume that Tesla is not trying to find you a car.

I would also check that pricing has not changed since you first ordered. If it has, insist that Telsa hold to the pricing when you first ordered as they are admitting that it was their mistake to give away your reservation.

Finally, I believe that some people on these forums have mentioned an escalation email path that is available as well. I don't have that but perhaps someone else can chime in with that information.

I fear that you will have to place a new order and wait out the time. Perhaps escalating will reduce the wait time somewhat.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Anything is possible so I will give OP the benefit of the doubt. Sorry that you are going through this.

I would suggest that you talk with Tesla again and make sure that your original reservation deposit of $1000 and order deposit of $2500 are still in your account. If not, I would escalate to get that resolved ASAP.

If you waited to order, I presume that you may have ordered a PAWD or AWD configuration and they still may be difficult to come by so I would not assume that Tesla is not trying to find you a car.

I would also check that pricing has not changed since you first ordered. If it has, insist that Telsa hold to the pricing when you first ordered as they are admitting that it was their mistake to give away your reservation.

Finally, I believe that some people on these forums have mentioned an escalation email path that is available as well. I don't have that but perhaps someone else can chime in with that information.

I fear that you will have to place a new order and wait out the time. Perhaps escalating will reduce the wait time somewhat.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Thanks for the info. If anyone has any escalation email path that they have taken would appreciate it. I did email today to [email protected] and explained my case so lets see what they say.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Sorry I meant they never contacted me about giving my Reservation away to someone else. They did tell me it was to with someone with the same name but he was in Florida.
Had you placed your order? Do you have your confirmation email? If not all you had was the $1000 reservation and had still not ordered a car? I'm sorry to be so direct but as soon as you post a snip of your confirmation email with the date of your order I will believe you. I have just seen too many people try and get FUD on this board.
It should be easy for you to prove me wrong. it would be attached to the confirmation email and look like this:
order.JPG

• Love
Had you placed your order? Do you have your confirmation email? If not all you had was the $1000 reservation and had still not ordered a car? I'm sorry to be so direct but as soon as you post a snip of your confirmation email with the date of your order I will believe you. I have just seen too many people try and get FUD on this board.
It should be easy for you to prove me wrong. it would be attached to the confirmation email and look like this:
View attachment 342597
here you go .. i wouldn't be making this up

RN for Forum.png

• Funny
View attachment 342597
You ordered a day after mine and am guessing already have your M3. I am still going to have to wait 2-4 months... and my not even get the tax rebate.