Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector Question (was: Tesla Level III charger question)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Quick question. I recently installed my charger at home but have a couple of issues. I followed the instructions and was able to configure the breaker size and add it to my WiFi. However, the lights on the charger only show one light and the app does not record the charges. I configured the app with my utility company and rates but I can’t see the charges and cost in the app when I’ve charged my car. Do I need to add the charger to my app? I do not see where to do that. The attached pics are with my car connected and disconnected.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 68
In the apps it should show you how much power youve used and estimated cost based on the price per KWH you put in under the "Charge Stats" tab. So from what I understand its the car keeping track of power usage, not the wall connector. If you want to keep track on the Wall Connector power usage itself, I recommend the app "Wall Monitor". Its a local wifi program so only available when you are on the same wifi network as the Wall Connector.

I appreciate it but unfortunately, even though I have that the correct software version, I do not have the option. I asked my friend to try this and he also does. It see the option on his phone. Sigh..
My android Tesla App version 4.23.6-1844 also does not have the option to add my Gen3 wall connector. I do not have a power wall or solar inverter. Under the remove tab, is only my 2022 MSLR.
Screenshot_20230820_144107_Tesla.jpg

Ah, I see that now. OP may have meant Gen 3 vs. Level III?

Im pretty sure thats the case. I cant change it though (I am not a mod for this subforum). When I saw the thread title, I wondered to myself how long it would take someone to correct the "Level 3 charger" reference (vs Gen 3 charger). I had an internal bet with myself that someone would say something inside of 5 posts in the thread, and it was mentioned in post #4, so I was pretty close to on the mark there, lol.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Im pretty sure thats the case. I cant change it though (I am not a mod for this subforum). When I saw the thread title, I wondered to myself how long it would take someone to correct the "Level 3 charger" reference (vs Gen 3 charger). I had an internal bet with myself that someone would say something inside of 5 posts in the thread, and it was mentioned in post #4, so I was pretty close to on the mark there, lol.
Gen 3 **Connector**!
👍🤣