Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Happiness Guarantee..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would guess that if it was in effect when you signed your lease that youwould be grandfathered in. However, I do not think you will exercise it after you have driven your X a while!
Considering the fact that Tesla took back the original MX that I bought (not leased) for my wife due to extensive issues only after a week of ownership, I am not taking any chances on buying another MX. I was successful once and most likely will not be again if there are issues with the car like it was last time. That is why I am leasing now and want to have a 90 guarantee.

Last edited:
I think it is more of a marketing/production argument. Tesla still is pursuing high marks in net promoter scores (customer satisfaction measurement) Last time I looked they were at 96. Way ahead of natural leaders like Disney and Apple. I spoke with a Tesla factory rep a month ago and he reinforced that Tesla is still pursuing 100 NPS. Highest ever above the companies you would think are at that level.

Considering the fact that Tesla took back the original MX that I bought (not leased) for my wife due to extensive issues only after a week of ownership, I am not taking any chances on buying another MX. I was successful once and most likely will not be again if there are issues with the car like it was last time. That is why I am leasing now and want to have a 90 guarantee.

Just out of curiosity, how long ago did this happen? When did you take delivery and what range of VIN #?

I'd also love to know what type of problems and what was the process like returning it?