Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla hate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Oregon as well. I had a pickup following me down German Town Rd with 3 cars in front of me. He almost rammed from behind for no apparent reason! He actually hit the curb; curb rashing his wheels going up to the St Johns bridge to avoid me. The weird part is he was accelerating coming up behind me. totally freaked me out!
I'm not exactly sure what your meaning is here, but: That means he/she was probably drunk or distracted (or just a really crappy driver) not an EV hater. Obviously tried to avoid an accident by crunching the curb.

Don't buy the international news hype. You are just as statistically likely to end up dead because of a traffic accident as you are a gun. Is it an ideal stat? No. We as a country should be better.

But people don't always change their driving habits due to THAT statistic. It's all in what the media wants you to be afraid of in 2019.

I wonder if we will have autopilot for guns?

I agree with others that it has more to do with political leanings than a Tesla.

It's a perfect illustration of how bad things have gotten. I imagine the Ram truck driver is doing that because he feels judged as well. In a way its like a preemptive middle finger just so he did it first.

I don't see any end to this anytime soon.

Reactions: tvad
Owned my Tesla for almost a year , and have luckily not experienced any hate, only the opposite, so far.

If someone did walk by and show me the finger, I would actually really like to talk to them and find out (from the horses mouth) what their issues are . As it would be interesting to find out directly from a "hater", rather than just guessing.

Reactions: tvad
Owned my Tesla for almost a year , and have luckily not experienced any hate, only the opposite, so far.

If someone did walk by and show me the finger, I would actually really like to talk to them and find out (from the horses mouth) what their issues are . As it would be interesting to find out directly from a "hater", rather than just guessing.

Often haters can't explain why they hate. They literally have an emotional response they have no understanding of. Because of that haters often don't want to discuss it. Those are the ones you have to be afraid of.

I had a guy working at Costco tell me how much he wants a Tesla. It was kinda funny because I'm nearly to the point I'm ready to sell mine. Well, until yesterday when I finally had a positive experience at the Service center. Until then I was always pushed away without a repair. I still dread having to take it back.

• Informative
Reactions: electricar
I live in Oregon as well. I had a pickup following me down German Town Rd with 3 cars in front of me. He almost rammed from behind for no apparent reason! He actually hit the curb; curb rashing his wheels going up to the St Johns bridge to avoid me. The wierd part is he was accelerating coming up behind me. totally freaked me out!

This seems like it could as easily be caused by good old alcohol asTesla Hate ( or maybe both ).

I find it interesting a fairly influential group of “far left” as well as Influential group of “far right” seem to vehemently opposed Elon Musk and Tesla.

Both seem to publish misinformation and inuendo about him, seemingly the same sheet of music like they don’t really know anything about him or Tesla, but yet have all the dirt on him.

I wonder how this incongruence of seemingly opposite political spectrums uniting is even possible?

I find it interesting a fairly influential group of “far left” as well as Influential group of “far right” seem to vehemently opposed Elon Musk and Tesla.

Both seem to publish misinformation and inuendo about him, seemingly the same sheet of music like they don’t really know anything about him or Tesla, but yet have all the dirt on him.

I wonder how this incongruence of seemingly opposite political spectrums uniting is even possible?

Once EVs become more common, more mainstream the hate will subside. In fact, if Tesla really can provide high performance vehicles at low prices then there will be very little reason to keep driving an ICE.

I've been worried about the price reduction on fossil fuel that will be inevitable once EVs even start to become mainstream. A 10% reduction in demand will lower fuel prices significantly, at least for gas. Diesel may still be high because of use for generating more electrical power.

Rather than let lower fuel prices encourage people to keep their ICE, I think we should impose a carbon tax on fuel, just enough to keep the price at today's levels. Then as the price of EVs continues to drop more and more people will buy EVs. Otherwise there will be a large core of ICE owners who hold onto their existing cars or even buy new ICE.

A year or more ago someone forecast the impact the conversion would have on the repair market. At first it would be a boom as on the road ICE get older as people hang on to them. Eventually they will need to become EV repair shops and we may need less of them.