Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla headlight adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sdsdsada

Mar 11, 2024
US
While playing through the menu, I accidentally clicked the "Adjust Headlights" button under the Service tab. I read that it should not be touched unless I am a professional, so I immediately clicked a button to exit. I am wondering if I made any trouble... The setting remained the same as it was delivered, right?

While playing through the menu, I accidentally clicked the "Adjust Headlights" button under the Service tab. I read that it should not be touched unless I am a professional, so I immediately clicked a button to exit. I am wondering if I made any trouble... The setting remained the same as it was delivered, right?
You're fine. Service Center actually told me to adjust the headlights myself so I wouldn't get charged for it.

generic warning. eventually you'll even want to adjust them yourselves. lights go up, down, left, right, and you dont want them pointing into other drivers eyes. pretty simple and youre not going to kill the car

When I did that, it screwed up my headlight adjustment, even when touching nothing else. The simple fact of entering the settings menu reset them to some factory setting, or center position, which was not correct.
I had to jig up a setup in my garage by following recommendations on headlight alignment online to get them back to something reasonable.

When I first got the car, I got flashed by oncoming car's high beam relatively frequently even though I was not using my high beams. I figured it was because my headlights were aimed too high so I went into that menu to adjust the height down a couple of ticks. Since then I don't think I've been flashed.

It's a common problem amongst Teslas. Typically when I see a car approaching that appears to have its high beams on it's a Tesla. Been that way for years. They're very bright lights, but they do also tend to be pointed to high and I'd guess that most people aren't adjusting them, certainly not any lower. This calibration should be part of the delivery process, imo.

And if I'm not mistaken, the newer headlights are meant to help with this overly-bright issue. I don't know exactly what they've done but they do indeed seem to be less of a problem.

It's a common problem amongst Teslas. Typically when I see a car approaching that appears to have its high beams on it's a Tesla. Been that way for years. They're very bright lights, but they do also tend to be pointed to high and I'd guess that most people aren't adjusting them, certainly not any lower. This calibration should be part of the delivery process, imo.

And if I'm not mistaken, the newer headlights are meant to help with this overly-bright issue. I don't know exactly what they've done but they do indeed seem to be less of a problem.
I need to adjust my right headlight. However, I don’t see headlight adjustment under the service tab. Could it be somewhere else? Thanks Ken

Similar with me. I was getting fairly frequent flashes from oncoming traffic. So found an empty parking lot and checked the alignment pointing towards a wall. Driver side driver side was higher than it should be. Made the adjustment and it's been pretty good since.