Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla helvetia extended warranty UK specific

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is there really left to go wrong on a Tesla that isn't already covered? Motors?
I bought the 2 yr policy in 2021 for a 2017 Model X.

So far it's covered - driver door motor/mechanism replacement, Autopilot computer replacement, control arm / ball joint replacement, steering column replacement and couple of other things I've forgotten.

In the 2 years I've had the policy all I've paid Tesla for is wiper blades and a cabin air filter change

Policy has more than paid for itself

No discussion was ever had re: warranty not paying. Didn't even need to mention I had the warranty, all sorted without any intervention on my part.

but battery and Motors already 125k miles warranty
That was my point, the 8 year warranty covers the other notable things... or so I thought..

I bought the 2 yr policy in 2021 for a 2017 Model X.

So far it's covered - driver door motor/mechanism replacement, Autopilot computer replacement, control arm / ball joint replacement, steering column replacement and couple of other things I've forgotten.

In the 2 years I've had the policy all I've paid Tesla for is wiper blades and a cabin air filter change

Policy has more than paid for itself

No discussion was ever had re: warranty not paying. Didn't even need to mention I had the warranty, all sorted without any intervention on my part.
Thanks for that - that makes it seem a bit more palatable.

What was the issue with the steering column? The rest of the stuff you listed I had done on our X with the factory warranty.

Our X was/is the most unreliable car I have owned for the first 1-3 years we had it. The last 12 months it's just worked fine and haven't had any issues.

I do expect the air suspension will go at some point as well as the AC, neither of which is covered by the extended warranty.

What was the issue with the steering column? The rest of the stuff you listed I had done on our X with the factory warranty.

Our X was/is the most unreliable car I have owned for the first 1-3 years we had it. The last 12 months it's just worked fine and haven't had any issues.

I do expect the air suspension will go at some point as well as the AC, neither of which is covered by the extended warranty.
My X has been in the shop about once a year since we got it. The door mechanism, for the driver's door, has ben repaired 3 times.

The steering column was binding and squeaking. They replaced the shaft (Intermediate shaft as per invoice).

Mine had been fine for about a year - the control arms failure, autopilot computer (HW3 - I paid for the upgrade) issue, steering issue all popped up last month and were fixed at the same time.

I suspect the control arms had been wearing slowly over time and so I did not notice until they got noisy. The front end feel improved so much after replacement that it felt like a new car.