Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about the computer and the display? Are they covered by Helvetia?
I have no idea,, I've not looked at the details of extended warranty because I've already made my mind up I'm not having it. My car becomes 4 next March. I've never worried about cars when the warranty expires because usually faults are quite simple repairs if you have the kit, and I've bought kit since I was 15 and became an apprentice motor mechanic - I'm now retired but majority of jobs that occur I don't have any problems with.

If something stupid expensive fails then I'm likely to revert back to trying to get goodwill due to the very low miles I drive, my car has just 9300 miles so a serious failure is likely to be a manufacturing issue and UK law is the fall back position under things having to last a reasonable amount of time and fit for purpose - and a little known foible of our law provides 6 years from when you discover a hardware failure if you can prove a manufacturing issue - so in the absence of physical damage to the computer and display - and a car has a deemed lifespan well beyond 4 years then the only conclusion is that a component has failed when it should not have done.
People may well indeed take a different view to me, not only regarding extended warranty but the way I handle things - but I can say my way works and I'm happy with that - plus, if I fail the worst that can happen is I pay for the repairs. Thats Life.