Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla home charger button doesn’t open car port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the door work every time at a supercharger? If so it's likely your charger.
iPhone 11. BT connection seems fine. Works faultlessly in the car. However, if it fails again I’ll check the BT connection.
Since the button works every time on release I think you are correct that there is a bug in the software. The app typically works through Wifi or LTE, I don't believe bluetooth matters.

Button works using radio (iirc 433MHz) when opening charge port, electrical connection when disconnecting. So open and disconnect quite different in operation.

Could you be witnessing 433MHz interference? Lots of things can interfere with things operating around that frequency (garage doors, heating controls, remote control switches, remote sensors, homelink etc) although you would like to think that a limited duty cycle would only cause intermittent failures. You have not had homelink fitted and the problem started since then?

• Informative
Reactions: SilverString