Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Home Charger from Private Seller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if the seller happens to be on here, but I’ve found online a Tesla Home Charger for about £100 below RRP.
The ad states they were given it free from Tesla (could be a lease incentive or issues with delays) and don’t require a second one.

From the photo it looks brand new and unused. Is there any obvious issues with buying from a 3rd party? I take it warranty would be one if the problems.

There’s a chance my leasing company won’t give me an RN until near delivery so I’m trying to get prepared where I can.

If it's a black one ie. 'Elon signature version' then chances are it was a referral gift from Tesla. My brother in law also got one which he passed on to me.

No idea about the warranty side of things to be honest.
It’s a standard silver one. Works fine I take it once installed? I think my mate who’s a sparky should be able to fit it so could save myself a little bit by buying it

I got one of some random bloke on the internet. It was in original box, unopened. Apparently he had bought it and then decided the car was going to be troublesome for some reason and didn't go through with the transaction. I got a small discount, but mainly I wanted one in a hurry (Sparky coming for something else ...) and at that time Tesla were out of stock ... so I was happy with that.