Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone written to Jerome Guillen asking him directly regarding Australia? I have, and have yet to receive a reply, any reply, when previously i have received a reply from him about other matters within 24 hours. i wrote late last week so i am not giving up hope of a reply yet. if i get one will post here.

Has anyone written to Jerome Guillen asking him directly regarding Australia? I have, and have yet to receive a reply, any reply, when previously i have received a reply from him about other matters within 24 hours. i wrote late last week so i am not giving up hope of a reply yet. if i get one will post here.

I have just received this from Naomi in response to an enquiry about home charging; PRICING AND OPTIONS IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.

On 05/03/2014, at 4:20 AM, Naomi Takeuchi <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello David,
Thank you for your mail.

As you may have heard, we announced pricing for Japan and Hong Kong last month, and we are preparing to announce pricing and options for Australia next, which should be in the next couple of weeks.

We always work on ensuring the best possible ownership experience for charging.
I hope we will different options for charging when we announce pricing, but I don't have any details at this time.

Thank you.

Regards,
Naomi

At last. Dborn will now have to choose between Model S and i3. For me there is no choice. I will be going ahead with Sig #7 in Sydney.

I too want desperately to believe. 166 with no active sales effort? i do know of at least one dropout though, so the actual number may be somewhat misleading.

Yeah, I wonder if my earlier production reservation followed by a switch to Signature has left a slot empty.

Otherwise, great news about pricing options and pricing! I can't wait to be driving fully electric. :)

Apologies if this has been discussed before (I did do a search here and on Tesla Motors Forum) but does anyone know if Australian laws exist regarding dealer franchises as in the US? Were there any legal challenges from dealers when the Roadster was being sold? It would be frustrating to have to play the games many in the US are being subjected to.

Not as far as I know. Strange that in the land of quintessential capitalism, the land of the free, that you have such garbage as what is going on with the auto dealers. Of course they feel threatened, but so do small retailers here when the supermarket came to town. You just have to compete better and smarter to retain market share.

Won't be a problem in AU TesAus - will be similar as when selling Roadster - T will be the manufacturer, importer and dealer all in one - no restrictions.....it will be T beating want-to-be delaers off with a stick...it won't happen.....the only thing that happens when you add a dealer?...the price goes up....

- - - Updated - - -

Not long now guys - this is the date to believe in from Naomi....before you can count the amount of 18650 form factor cells in an 85kW pack Salamagd, it will be adorning your browser ;-)....additionally, Stone Strickland, T's Asset Lite will be arriving from CA this week and will no doubt begin reaching out to everyone.....

Not sure what you mean by the "date to believe in from Naomi". Do you mena the couple of weeks until announcing pricing. Then that means we're around August or even later before getting a shipping date? Will S's land on our shores this year? Will they be less than $120,000? I'm thinking maybe and probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey quick question (sorry of it's been answered but this is one of only a couple of Aussie threads and I didn't see it:
Will the cars be available here for both cash and finance options like the US? Since it's probably going to come in above the luxury car tax it means it will be difficult to lease through work therefore it would have to be a standard finance deal and I'm not sure how the banks will go on such a new vehicle.

Hi Houdini - sorry for the confusion - yes - what i ment was that Naomi's comment re pricing from a few weeks ago is correct - you will have that. As Stone Strickland is heading out from CA this week, he will also be on point with owners and reach out to provide a better timeline, i would suggest within the next 5 days or so....

Hi Houdini - sorry for the confusion - yes - what i ment was that Naomi's comment re pricing from a few weeks ago is correct - you will have that. As Stone Strickland is heading out from CA this week, he will also be on point with owners and reach out to provide a better timeline, i would suggest within the next 5 days or so....

Oh my, it's starting to become very real.

Jmac, are you back at Tesla?