Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in today's funnies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure either. Maybe it's that if one were to be run over and killed by a motor vehicle, it would be a bit more tolerable for his widow if it had been by a classy/desirable vehicle like a Tesla rather than by a mere bus (the proverbial and inglorious prospect of being "thrown under the bus")? Or, I can't afford an aspirational car such as the Tesla, so If I had to go, let my final experience in life be an encounter with a Tesla?

But, whatever the intended meaning, it's interesting to see Tesla get a mention in the popular lexicon within a mainstream comic strip

Last edited:
Meaning seems obvious to me. Olde guy suspects that wife cares more about Tesla than about himself. Figuratively. I imagine though that the comic was inspired by the recent incident of a Tesla running over an MB.

Similar humor:
My then teen-age daughter brought home a refrigerator magnet that said "we had to get rid of the kids. The cats were allergic."

Reactions: JeffK
Okay, this is the perfect opportunity to post this early Model S joke again for those that didn't see it.

My Wife is Missing--
A husband went to the police station to report his missing wife:
Husband - I’ve lost my wife, she went shopping yesterday & has still not come home.
Sergeant - What is her height ?
Husband - I really never noticed.
Sergeant - Build?
Husband - Not slim, not really fat.
Sergeant - Color of eyes?
Husband - Never noticed.
Sergeant - Color of hair?
Husband - Changes according to season.
Sergeant - What was she wearing?
Husband - Dress/suit/ I don’t remember exactly.
Sergeant - Did she go in a car?
Husband - yes.
Sergeant - What kind of car was it?
Husband - Pearl White Tesla Model S rear wheel drive electric vehicle with liquid-cooled
powertrain with 85 kWh microprocessor controlled, lithium-ion battery, motor, drive inverter,
and gear box, three phase, four pole AC induction motor with copper rotor, drive inverter
with variable frequency drive and regenerative braking system and single speed fixed gear
with 9.73:1 reduction ratio and has a very thin scratch on the right front lower bumper section.…
at this point the husband started crying.
Sergeant - won't worry sir.......We will find your car.

I think this comic has two meanings.

1. The wife says she'd be upset if her husband was run over by a bus. I think the husband is upset that the wife mentions "a bus". Wouldn't she be just as upset if he was run over by a car, train, etc.? I think you could remove Tesla from the 2nd picture and replace it with "car", "train", etc.
2. The author of the strip is just rehashing the "news" about how "dangerous" Tesla's autopilot is. FUD.

Also, remember that just because it's a comic strip doesn't mean it's supposed to be funny.

I think maybe it's spin on Tesla being for the wealthy.

She says I would miss you if you were hit by a bus - perhaps a small settlement

Where he says what if I were hit by a Tesla - where she can sue the "wealthy" owner

Just a guess - not sure really

Nah guys, I think that this cartoon is a jab at global warming. It is designed to create an analogy.

If he gets hit by a bus or a Tesla, it would result in his death and she would really miss him either way....so....

Weather we drive ICE's or EV's- the final outcome will be the same. (Earth will warm and cool cycle, as it has in the past, regardless of our influence)