TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Interior Accessories

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by smilepak, Jun 3, 2015.

1. smilepak

smilepak Member

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Well, it's two cup holders and the price includes installation. High priced? Yes. Crazy Porsche level high priced? Not really.

3. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

I take it you're new to luxury cars.

4. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

You'll note that the coffee cup in that image is Photoshopped, it's not real. Those cup holders are pretty bad in practice, according to some who have them.

5. MileHighMotoring

Porsche cupholders run about $150 for one, not including installation. Just as a reference point.

With small installed items like this, consider it mostly labor cost I would think.

6. smilepak

smilepak Member

Nope, I got two Lexus GS350 and one BMW 750i in the household. But to pay that for a cup holder where all other cars have as standard is crazy.

7. MileHighMotoring

By that logic the engine should be free in the BMW i3 :) Every car has a different feature set. The others don't even offer an 85 kWh battery pack as an option.

8. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

If you're getting a new Model S unless something has changed recently the parcel shelf is included.

9. hpartsch

hpartsch Member

Bumping this thread, anyone know where to get an aftermarket Parcel shelf for a 2013? Or does anyone want to sell theirs/have an extra to sell for a reasonable price?

10. skitch23

skitch23 Member

You might check ebay or the marketplace on here - Marketplace | Tesla Motors Club

11. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Just placed an order for a 100D.

With my original P85, items like the parcel shelf and carpet floor mats had to be ordered separately, and were not included with the car.

The Tesla store no longer shows the carpet floor mats, only the all weather mats, which are not currently available for order online.

For anyone who has received a Model S recently - can you confirm what mats come with the car. Did you get mats for the front & rear seats? Does it come with mats for the rear trunk area and the lower storage compartment? With the smaller frunk design, not clear it's really needed to get anything for the frunk now.