Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla inventory cheaper vs new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had look at the inventory for a m3p and there’s 2 cars that match my spec. They are priced at 62k and 65k, both saying less than 50km.
A new order is 1-2months delivery and priced at 70,000 euros
Are these rejected cars Tesla can’t shift?

Had look at the inventory for a m3p and there’s 2 cars that match my spec. They are priced at 62k and 65k, both saying less than 50km.
A new order is 1-2months delivery and priced at 70,000 euros
Are these rejected cars Tesla can’t shift?
It could be anything as long as it has not been sold. It's a matter of luck. It could be:

.brand new, pre-made, waiting to match your order

.rejected

.display that thousands of customers have been wearing it down in the show room..

.the one that violently fell down from the transport truck but all the damages are repaired and it should look brand new to you...

Whatever things that you can imagine as long as there is no owner on the records.

Reactions: Stef1808
A tesla dealership rep mentioned that sometimes people will (1) order a car online and then (2) when it’s time to arrange delivery, they can’t get their finances in order… so they lose their current spot and car gets passed to the next person in the queue (or posted on the website)

Could be that as well.

I ordered a M3 and was looking at a 4 month wait, but I lucked out because of the above (at least, that’s what the rep told me). Ended up taking delivery within 1 month instead of 4.

here in the US, the new cars in inventory are the same price as if you ordered it
now that seems to be mostly the case, but it wasn't when i got mine. i did save $1500 by getting an inventory car and i only had to wait 3 days vs. 2 months for delivery. they told me it was a test driven vehicle. i'm curious to see if that changes as we get closer to end of year