Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is buying back my lemon plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
omg you are so lucky. I went through the attorney route and it is now month 4 for me!! UGH!! Waiting for an updated offer.
Sorry to hear that. I contacted a lawyer after 6 service visits in a year with about 16 days in the shop. He didn't think the chances were very good of settling it out of court. A month later, had another issue and Tesla kept it in the shop for a week and replaced the computer for a third time. Decided to try my luck by just asking directly. Glad I didn't have to deal with a lawyer.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Sorry to hear that. I contacted a lawyer after 6 service visits in a year with about 16 days in the shop. He didn't think the chances were very good of settling it out of court. A month later, had another issue and Tesla kept it in the shop for a week and replaced the computer for a third time. Decided to try my luck by just asking directly. Glad I didn't have to deal with a lawyer.

You got them to agree to a buyback after only 16 days in service? I didn't even start until 105 days out for service over more than 10 visits. On top of that, on the very first visit, the repainted my liftgate and bumper, badly, and had no explanation and up to the point of the buyback never once provided an explanation a to the nature of the accident that caused them to repaint the back of the MX.

The first lawyer I contacted said I had no case. The second lawyer I contacted said it was the best case they'd ever heard so far.

Then as part of the arbitration agreement, I sent a letter to Tesla demanding a buyback without Tesla knowing I'd retained council. 30 days later, they replied agreeing to full repurchase plus accessory and registration expenses.

Turns out I didn't need a lawyer in the first place.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
You got them to agree to a buyback after only 16 days in service? I didn't even start until 105 days out for service over more than 10 visits. On top of that, on the very first visit, the repainted my liftgate and bumper, badly, and had no explanation and up to the point of the buyback never once provided an explanation a to the nature of the accident that caused them to repaint the back of the MX.

The first lawyer I contacted said I had no case. The second lawyer I contacted said it was the best case they'd ever heard so far.

Then as part of the arbitration agreement, I sent a letter to Tesla demanding a buyback without Tesla knowing I'd retained council. 30 days later, they replied agreeing to full repurchase plus accessory and registration expenses.

Turns out I didn't need a lawyer in the first place.
I was at about 16 days of actually in the shop (not counting one mobile service visit, and days of things not working while waiting for them to have availability) when I first asked a lawyer if they were interested. I didn't request a buyback from Tesla directly until another service visit which lasted 7 days. So at that point 23 (maybe a few more) of days of actually in the shop.