Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is buying back my lemon plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the time you get everything and getting the lawyer involved, do you end up having to pay your lawyer fees or how does that work? Thinking that might cost a pretty penny given the run around unless you follow it up with a lawsuit to have them pay?

I am currently in the process of getting a buyback approved for my MY by Tesla via the service center/manager. He submitted the paperwork to Tesla nearly one month ago and hasn’t heard back yet. I just picked up my car today from severe water damage repair, it was in the shop for 41 days with 3 repair attempts.

Reactions: aerodyne
I am currently in the process of getting a buyback approved for my MY by Tesla via the service center/manager. He submitted the paperwork to Tesla nearly one month ago and hasn’t heard back yet. I just picked up my car today from severe water damage repair, it was in the shop for 41 days with 3 repair attempts.
Are you going to double down and order a Plaid MX as a replacement?

😁

Anyone with a similar experience? I am currently driving a 2022 Model S plaid after replacing my 2021 Model S plaid due to a long list of problems. Began with a bad battery, no antenna connection, doors sticking, just a long list. Tesla approved the buyback at the end of March 2022 (they approached me about it, I had a loaner X and was content but they didnt see the vehicle being repaired). Still no buyback and I have been annoying to my local service center. I believe they've hit a ceiling and are waiting on big Tesla to make it happen but they wont give me any numbers or info to handle it myself.

Any advice? Any thoughts on how to escalate it? I do have a personal lawyer but I would rather not go that route.
Ask service for the contact information for the REGIONAL MANAGER. Per my own conversations with the Midwest Regional in the past, THEY CAN NOT DENY YOU THIS INFORMATION and can be fired if they refuse and word gets back. They will usually try and tiptoe around giving out the info however.

Reactions: bhzmark
Ask service for the contact information for the REGIONAL MANAGER. Per my own conversations with the Midwest Regional in the past, THEY CAN NOT DENY YOU THIS INFORMATION and can be fired if they refuse and word gets back. They will usually try and tiptoe around giving out the info however.
Hope it works out for the OP. He can turn around and buy a '23 for a lot less...

Reactions: bhzmark
I recently asked Tesla to buyback my 2021 Model S after having several issues over the course of my ownership. The buyback and numbers took a couple of weeks, and a few days after the offer I returned my Model S to the local service center. I am now waiting for a check and I have a new Model S on order. During the buyback they did charge me for the miles I put on the car and what I thought was a pretty fair deal.

I recently asked Tesla to buyback my 2021 Model S after having several issues over the course of my ownership. The buyback and numbers took a couple of weeks, and a few days after the offer I returned my Model S to the local service center. I am now waiting for a check and I have a new Model S on order. During the buyback they did charge me for the miles I put on the car and what I thought was a pretty fair deal.

Did they charge you based on the mileage of the car when you turned it in, or based on when they submitted the buyback claim? Also, are you able to share how much was charged in terms of mileage?

Did they charge you based on the mileage of the car when you turned it in, or based on when they submitted the buyback claim? Also, are you able to share how much was charged in terms of mileage?
Based on the mileage at the time of submitting the claim. I chose to not drive it on my end as a precautionary measure. The charge for mileage worked out to be 65.5 cents/mile which is standard for IL.

Going through this same process on my Model 3. It’s been in three times for screen failure/freezing while a fourth service request was supposed to be fixed by OTA. I sent them a physical letter and already have a lawyer queued up in case they don’t respond.

Looking forward to seeing how other cases get resolved.