Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is trying hard to make more money from you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And, as been said above, it is likely that Tesla are still losing money on this relatively low monthly charge.

Furthermore, if you had enough money to buy a Model X, you're in big trouble if you can't afford $10/month.

And before people say "but I didn't sign up to be charged $10/month" just recall its been there in writing on the website, even if it wasn't explicitly in your MVPA, for nearly 2 years already.

Tesla Model X order page from September 29, 2018: Design Your Model X

upload_2019-12-10_12-3-41.png

Again, states very clearly that Premium Connectivity is a 1 year subscription. I would not be surprised if this is also included in the order paperwork. Why aren't folks happy with the fact that they got longer than their promised 1 year?

Tesla is no different on this particular subject than any other car manufacturer. Data has a cost associated with it and they are a business. Uconnect with Ram/Dodge, Ford Pass, Chevy, they all require some kind of payment plan. Sometimes it is directly through them and other times it might be through a third party like AT&T.

10 dollars a month is not a bad deal. I paid $650 a year for Mbrace service through Mercedes. Of course, that charge included a personal concierge who was on-call 24/7.