Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Tesla just canceled my order [on solar panels for a new house being built]

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
I remember toggling boot sequences for DecSystem 10 and 20.

Loved my VT-100. Even had smooth scrolling. Ooooh
I remember toggling it in for a pdp-8 but not on the big machines.

On pdp-8 what you toggled in was code to load a paper tape and that could then load code to read the os from magnetic tape.

You can play with that stuff here

Javascript PDP 11/70 Emulator

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
I remember toggling it in for a pdp-8 but not on the big machines.

On pdp-8 what you toggled in was code to load a paper tape and that could then load code to read the os from magnetic tape.

You can play with that stuff here

Javascript PDP 11/70 Emulator
Never saw a paper tape reader in real life. The PDP was where I cut my teeth on programming. RT-11, RSX, and RSTS/E

Reactions: no2gates

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC