Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a big deal, donating to their cause is part of the application process.. so it's easy.. (that's in the notes section btw)

Thanks, I guess it just wasn't clear to me for some reason. I selected center for smart financial decisions and put in my CC number at the end of the application process. Guess now I wait. Worst case I wasted $15.

I got pre-approval from my existing credit union within 24 hours of filling out the forms. Not sure why all these other CU's take so much longer. My CU union is USECU and the rate was 2.79% but I wanted to be sure I had a pre-approval from someone rather than forfeit delivery next weekend.

If I decide to use Lightstream, how long does it take them to beat the rate? Their pre-approval process only took minutes for an unsecured loan, but the rate was pretty bad. Can they beat the rate within a day?

Hi everyone,

This community has helped me tremendously on my Model 3 ownership journey and I thought I'd give back with this spreadsheet.

This spreadsheet pulls rates directly from the credit union's website hourly, so you're always getting the latest rates, because as you know, they change quite often these days!

The loan comparison google spreadsheet: Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Auto Update Rates

How to use the spreadsheet youtube (best viewed in 1080p): Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Updates Hourly

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the spreadsheet easier to use.

For now, this spreadsheet only contains US credit unions but if you know of great rates in other countries, let me know and I'll add it.

My mission is to help anyone who's interested in buying a Tesla or EVs -- let's all help each other out!

Blessings,
Khoa
The Tesla Loan Comparison spreadsheet is great.

Reactions: Glamisduner
Anybody has more info on actorsfcu?
It says free membership to songwriters guild. Afaik they don't even send an email certifying your membership.
ActorsFCU requires either a union card or membership verification on organization letterhead.

The other option is a 45$ "season pass" but actors FCU says they don't accept season passes or anything similar. ( i wrote this commeent on the spreadsheet but it got deleted)

Anybody has more info on actorsfcu?
It says free membership to songwriters guild. Afaik they don't even send an email certifying your membership.
ActorsFCU requires either a union card or membership verification on organization letterhead.

The other option is a 45$ "season pass" but actors FCU says they don't accept season passes or anything similar. ( i wrote this commeent on the spreadsheet but it got deleted)

ActorsFCU looks tough to get in, possible but the fees to be a member to any those orgs will cost at least $400 I believe.. best to go with another CU..

In the spreadsheet for PFCU it says the rate is current as of 9/13. Wonder if someone called and updated. Any idea how long it takes to be a member of the public library after paying $25 via Paypal? Delivery is scheduled for 9/25 so have to get going with the loan now.

A member called, and updated in the comments/notes.. not sure of the details, call in tomorrow would be best.

In the spreadsheet for PFCU it says the rate is current as of 9/13. Wonder if someone called and updated. Any idea how long it takes to be a member of the public library after paying $25 via Paypal? Delivery is scheduled for 9/25 so have to get going with the loan now.

Just apply for the loan right away. I made the donation after I got the email offer for the loan rate. You have more than enough time. They were quick to respond.

ActorsFCU looks tough to get in, possible but the fees to be a member to any those orgs will cost at least $400 I believe.. best to go with another CU..
A member called, and updated in the comments/notes.. not sure of the details, call in tomorrow would be best.

I found 4 options to be member that are chea for actors fcu.

Songwriters guild 60$ gold membership
unsure if free one qualifies as the spreadsheet says.( working on that right now)

Playwright horizons 45$ (unsure since the site shows as a seasonal subscription and cu says seasonals are not accepted)
Dance USA individual membership 100$ prorated quarterly which starts in July 1.
Dance USA also has student membership for 50 requires 2-4 year college degree. (Sign up your child or spouse for savings then open one yourself )

Also found this one and online St. Malachy’s Parish-nyc they have a online church/parish donation system but the poster didn't elaborate what else did he do apart from "joining"

Will let you know if I can find more info.

We secured our loan through AAFCU (American Airlines Federal Credit Union).
Their rates were:
2.5% 36 months
2.75% 48-60 months
3.25% 72 months

They offered an additional .25% reduction for direct deposit checking / auto-pay. and another .25% reduction based on a "loyalty" discount we didn't qualify for.
So, some people could get as low as 2.00% from them

They have a very specific demographic they serve, but were extremely pleasant and fast to work with:

Who is eligible for membership?

• All active or retired employees of American Airlines, US Airways and Envoy.
  • Employees who work directly in the air transportation industry such as:
    • Airline employees.
  • Employees who work directly in administration, regulation or security of airports, airlines or air transportation, such as:
    • TSA, FAA and others.
  • Employees of companies that have a strong dependency relationship with airlines or airports who work directly with:
    • Air transportation of freight, including freight forwarding for air transportation;
    • Air courier services, air passenger services, airport baggage handling;
    • Commercial airport janitorial services;
    • Commercial aircraft cleaning, maintenance, servicing, and repair services;
    • Commercial airport runway maintenance services; and
    • On-board airline food services.
  • Families: Member-owners can sponsor membership for their spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and permanent household members with same physical address.
our loan officer was: [email protected]

Last edited:
I found 4 options to be member that are chea for actors fcu.

Songwriters guild 60$ gold membership
unsure if free one qualifies as the spreadsheet says.( working on that right now)

Playwright horizons 45$ (unsure since the site shows as a seasonal subscription and cu says seasonals are not accepted)
Dance USA individual membership 100$ prorated quarterly which starts in July 1.
Dance USA also has student membership for 50 requires 2-4 year college degree. (Sign up your child or spouse for savings then open one yourself )

Also found this one and online St. Malachy’s Parish-nyc they have a online church/parish donation system but the poster didn't elaborate what else did he do apart from "joining"

Will let you know if I can find more info.

Thank you Anner! Please keep us posted !

We secured our loan through AAFCU (American Airlines Federal Credit Union).
Their rates were:
2.5% 36 months
2.75% 48-60 months
3.25% 72 months

They offered an additional .25% reduction for direct deposit checking / auto-pay. and another .25% reduction based on a "loyalty" discount we didn't qualify for.
So, some people could get as low as 2.00% from them

They have a very specific demographic they serve, but were extremely pleasant and fast to work with:

Who is eligible for membership?

• All active or retired employees of American Airlines, US Airways and Envoy.
  • Employees who work directly in the air transportation industry such as:
    • Airline employees.
  • Employees who work directly in administration, regulation or security of airports, airlines or air transportation, such as:
    • TSA, FAA and others.
  • Employees of companies that have a strong dependency relationship with airlines or airports who work directly with:
    • Air transportation of freight, including freight forwarding for air transportation;
    • Air courier services, air passenger services, airport baggage handling;
    • Commercial airport janitorial services;
    • Commercial aircraft cleaning, maintenance, servicing, and repair services;
    • Commercial airport runway maintenance services; and
    • On-board airline food services.
  • Families: Member-owners can sponsor membership for their spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and permanent household members with same physical address.
our loan officer was: [email protected]

Thank you for taking the time, their rates aren't quite as competitive on higher month terms, and also strict on membership.

Thank you for taking the time, their rates aren't quite as competitive on higher month terms, and also strict on membership.
Yes, I agree. Alliant gave us 3.49% and Aspire gave us 2.99%. The direct-deposit discount is an easy slam-dunk so ours will end up being 2.49% for 60 months which is pretty reasonable. (note, this is on a $80k loan for an X, and we are very well qualified)

From the time I gave the loan officer the go-ahead with MVPA, to the time she had a FedEx tracking number for the check was less than 48 hours, and much of that was time spent waiting on Tesla to confirm a delivery address.

Many of the CC's listed are region-locked, and AAFCU is US-wide but only caters to a specific employment-related requirements. We do have a branch in Tulsa, OK - but I was able to do everything 100% through e-mail and phone.

Any idea how long it takes Lightstream to process a rate beat request? I got the initial loan approval from them instantly, but haven't heard anything back about the rate beat request yet.

I simply wrote to the customer service email address - are you guys doing that differently?

Thanks!

Any idea how long it takes Lightstream to process a rate beat request? I got the initial loan approval from them instantly, but haven't heard anything back about the rate beat request yet.

I simply wrote to the customer service email address - are you guys doing that differently?

Thanks!

I was not getting responses from my emailed requests for a rate beat, so I called them.

I was not getting responses from my emailed requests for a rate beat, so I called them.

Thanks, three emails later and I finally got two responses. First one told me the documentation I provided was insufficient, second one said my loan had been approved at the new lower rate o_O. Going to accept the loan now before they change their mind :).

Thanks again to OP for putting that spreadsheet together. Helped me zero in on lenders with low rates, but FWIW for others out there looking, I also learned that CUs (even ones that proclaim to be "easy") can require a good deal of effort to get an approval letter or even establish membership. I had the best luck with Tower and Star One in terms of ease/responsiveness.

• Disagree
Reactions: rexian
Thanks, three emails later and I finally got two responses. First one told me the documentation I provided was insufficient, second one said my loan had been approved at the new lower rate o_O. Going to accept the loan now before they change their mind :).

Thanks again to OP for putting that spreadsheet together. Helped me zero in on lenders with low rates, but FWIW for others out there looking, I also learned that CUs (even ones that proclaim to be "easy") can require a good deal of effort to get an approval letter or even establish membership. I had the best luck with Tower and Star One in terms of ease/responsiveness.

You're welcome, perhaps I should change the column and the selection.. this is a tough one because it needs to be concise yet doesn't set up for expectations and isn't vague.. hmm

For actors FCU it seems that the welcome email from the free songwriters guild membership will satisfy eligibility. Sometimes the website won't send it thought had to subscribe twice.

In addition Dancers over 40 has a membership for non dancers that touts as a benefit joining eligibility of actors FCU. They sent the email with the info in less than 24 hours after paying.

Dancers Over 40: Join Or Donate Now!

You should mention this in the comments section.

Status
Not open for further replies.