Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loaner says Supercharging Unavailable and no way to activate it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S 75D will stay a few days at the service center. They gave me a loner, a 2017 S 60D through Enterprise Rental Car (an Enterprise Rental Car representative was at the service center and he was processing loaners for Tesla).

I didn't pay much attention at first as I was in a hurry but there is a message in the dashboard saying "Supercharging Unavailable". Going to the Charging screen, I see the red button "Payment Method Required > " but when I tap on it, a blank "Update Payment Info" popup comes up and nothing else (also Enhanced Auto Pilot features are disabled as well but I don't care much about this)

I will try to call Tesla and/or Enterprise to see what they say but anyone else with similar experience?

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 1.08.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 1.09.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 1.06.33 PM.png

This is probably related to Tesla instituting the policy several years ago that cars sold after a certain date and used for commercial purposes can’t access superchargers. It was a reaction to Tesloop, the car service whose business model was based on free supercharging. It should apply to Enterprise renting a Tesla, but I can’t imagine Tesla intended it to apply when an Enterprise car is used as a service loaner.

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
Probably not the best policy to apply to rental cars. It makes for a bad experience for someone driving a Tesla for the first time to get stranded at a supercharger. It should at least be set up for paid supercharging, and have Enterprise bill it to the customer.

Do you have free supercharging on your model s? Ive has several loaners from enterprise and all have had supercharging enabled but I also have free unlimited supercharging on my car. Autopilot was only enabled on one of them due to the free trial period they offered this year.

I currently have a loaner S 75D from enterprise and supercharged today for free without issues.

I have free unlimited supercharging for my 2018 S P100D but not sure how enterprise would know that. I am just glad to have a Tesla loaner since they originally gave me what was available - a Nissan Altima. This is at the Tyco Rd SC in VA. The SC dinged my car when I took it in for a software update and it is now getting repaired. PITA.