Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla looks to sell cars at Natick Mall - Current situation not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cinergi

Chairman Gloff did just what a chair should do - she managed the discussion well, and expressed her opinion after everyone else had. She was brief and to the point in her support. I guess this issue is going to Town Meeting now, and the question is how it will get on the warrant. I gather they have a zoning by-law review committee that is swamped, and has no time to look at it, at least not before the fall town meeting. So an article could either be put forward by the Planning Board, and I got the impression they might be working on that, or it could be a citizen petition - requires ten voters to put it on the warrant. I don't know how anyone who doesn't live in Natick can really help this process along at this point.

@cinergi

Chairman Gloff did just what a chair should do - she managed the discussion well, and expressed her opinion after everyone else had. She was brief and to the point in her support. I guess this issue is going to Town Meeting now, and the question is how it will get on the warrant. I gather they have a zoning by-law review committee that is swamped, and has no time to look at it, at least not before the fall town meeting. So an article could either be put forward by the Planning Board, and I got the impression they might be working on that, or it could be a citizen petition - requires ten voters to put it on the warrant. I don't know how anyone who doesn't live in Natick can really help this process along at this point.

I am one of at least two Tesla owners in Natick. We may be able to rally enough of our friends to make 10 if that is a known quota for the petition.

EdA: I'm relieved to know there are some owners in Natick. I didn't know how to find them. Why don't you email me directly and we can talk about how to approach this? I'm active in town politics in Hingham and I know the ropes - that's why I went on Monday.

Laura dot Burns at
verizon (there's a dot here of course) net

It's best if the article comes from the Planning Board - it will have more traction that way. So the first step would be for you, as a resident, to call your town's Director of Community Development, Patrick Reffett - (508) 647-6450, and find out what what he thinks the Planning Board may do on this. If they are going to prepare an article, they will do it in open meetings, and it would be very important for you or other residents to go and speak about it. I'm happy to consult if you're new at this.

I see you have representative town meeting, so a next step after that would be to start lobbying your members - here they are. http://natickma.gov/Public_Documents/NatickMA_Clerk/Town%20Meeting%20List.pdf

Get in touch and we'll organize this.

I recently purchased my Tesla which will be delivered in September. I have to say, I really enjoyed the sales process without the dealership haggling... I work in Natick, and I personally know many of the town selectmen and planning board members. I would love to help out to make sure that Tesla remains in Natick and is allowed to sell in the store. Please count me in, and let me know if anyone in the club is interested in organized lobbying efforts in the state.

I recently purchased my Tesla which will be delivered in September. I have to say, I really enjoyed the sales process without the dealership haggling... I work in Natick, and I personally know many of the town selectmen and planning board members. I would love to help out to make sure that Tesla remains in Natick and is allowed to sell in the store. Please count me in, and let me know if anyone in the club is interested in organized lobbying efforts in the state.

David, thanks for offering, see LMB's post she's been spearheading things so far.

Sadly, I live one town over from Natick, so am probably not suited as a lobbyist.

however, it occurs to me that Jeff Orlinsky at Wheel DynamiX is located in Natick and might have a voice. He's currently tinting & wrapping my S, and has done similarly for quite a few other Teslas already. Even if he doesn't live in Natick, he might be able to speak as a businessman who is seeing a benefit from Tesla's presence. Also, he might be able to suggest other owners who live in Natick (or broker introductions).

His contact info:
Wheel DynamiX, Inc.
Jeffrey Orlinsky
(508) 647-6999
[email protected]

The Natick, Ma Finance Committee Tuesday supported a zoning change that would allow for limited, boutique-like car sales in the Natick Mall area.

FinCom backs zoning change allowing limited auto business in the mall area - Natick, Massachusetts - Natick Bulletin and Tab

Go Laura! [They didn't quote me...] but of the 13 members, we needed 8 votes, 7-6 was not considered a majority.
Before Tesla's timeslot (~11:05pm) two members left. So the 3 who abstained created some drama, but we got the 8 votes needed!