TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla MCUs for sale (tested and working!)

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by AutobahnEV, Aug 1, 2018.

1. SpeedRacerM5

SpeedRacerM5 Member

Henry and Autobahn Crew,

Do you have any instrument clusters for sale?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Installed price quoted for a brand new one from Tesla was just $1100. To make those even a little bit interesting the price would need to be about half that since i'd have to figure out how to install the dang thing myself.

3. efusco

I'm interested at $500

4. Lukez

Lukez Member

If that's the case then buy from Tesla and don't look back. Mine cost me close to 3k installed just 4 months ago....

• Like x 1
  5. EVTECH

EVTECH Member

I think you are referring to the touchscreen display only. Not the entire assembly like what is being sold.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. efusco

Ah, you may well be right..sorry.

• Like x 1
  7. AutobahnEV

AutobahnEV Member

Yes I have several clusters available. What are you looking for exactly?

8. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

If mere mortals like me were to buy an MCU and install it, is it possible to successfully pair it with the car so that everything works? Would I need a supercomputer and a room full of propellerheads?

9. Dgeorges00

Dgeorges00 Member

Are these plug and play or does Tesla need to do anything to make them compatible? I have a 2012 MS85 with 3g and no nav. Is this just a simple swap and 4g and nav will work?

10. AutobahnEV

AutobahnEV Member

If you need just the display, the price would be right in the $500 ballpark. However, I don't usually cannibalize these MCUs unless they are badly damaged. And in the salvage market, most buyers need the MCU, not just the screen so I tend to keep them as entire units and price them at one third the new cost
    Obviously you would need to make sure you buy an LTE Nav MCU to do a swap like that and then once installed you would need to have someone program it to your car.