Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Mobile App 3.0 Released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My iOS Tesla app has not updated yet on my iPhone 6 and there is no way I know to force an update.

@VikH in the past I never needed to enter my password to start the car using the app. Note: I have a password set for my phone and when my Tesla app opens I'm not asked for my Tesla login, so maybe that has something to do with it.

What do you mean by "Mileage info"?

What do you mean by "Mileage info"?

If you scroll down on the main screen you can now see current odometer reading, VIN and current firmware version.

IMG_0318.PNG

Reactions: Ulmo and pilotSteve
How did you switch it to kw?

from the 17" screen, go to bottom left button that opens all settings, choose the 2nd tab, head to units and settings and at the bottom you have the option for energy vs ideal/rated range.

Sorry am not able to recall exact menu names, so giving you UI navigation hints.

For the nerdy folks out there, looks like they built it in React Native. Smart move!

Did you unpack the app?

• Informative
Reactions: NovemberXray
I wonder if Tesla is updating the app before the new Tesla car software update coming out soon, then they could add new functionality at that time. I hope that's the case because I really want to be able to defrost my windshield and heat my wipers/side mirrors through the app. My other wish list item is being able to install the car updates through the app instead of having to do it from the car.

I'm a little bit disappointed with this update. I was hoping for a little bit more functionality like smart charging, camper mode, install updates from phone and whatever else you can think of. Yeah, the fingerprint reader is a nice touch (pun intended) but other than that? Meh...
And no Android widgets? Come on...