Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology in Australia, China and the United States.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone~I've conducted a 10 questions quick survey of #Tesla #Model3.

surveymonkey.com/r/775QZ9X

This educational purpose survey is to analyse and understand Tesla Model 3 Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology in Australia, China and the United States.

Now I have 4 responses,2 from China and 2 from United States! Need help to find 5 Australia Model 3 owners. Thanks!Thank you~

Attachments

• B3D9F7CB-5EE0-4A73-8B30-810701E0061D.jpeg
    B3D9F7CB-5EE0-4A73-8B30-810701E0061D.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 96
Hi everyone~I've conducted a 10 questions quick survey of #Tesla #Model3.

surveymonkey.com/r/775QZ9X

This educational purpose survey is to analyse and understand Tesla Model 3 Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology in Australia, China and the United States.

Now I have 4 responses,2 from China and 2 from United States! Need help to find 5 Australia Model 3 owners. Thanks!Thank you~
Thank you:)

Sorry for that, my bad. It’s my first online survey for my study. Really thank you guys.

no worries, re-read it and think about the underlying questions: what you want to get to, compared to the response framing. Log out and take the actual survey as presented to the respondent. Then there is some mangled english. Then there are platform limitations: at least on an iPad, I could not add anything to the comments. It’s not uncommon with survey monkey or other on line services, that the operating systems involved at the respondent end create limitations to data collection.

Not a bad first try and don’t be discouraged by a low response rate. In this forum I would assert that you are not reaching even 1% of model three owners, idk, but I doubt anywhere near 4000 owners would even possibly see this. If you look at other surveys run here, the total responses are often well below 100, and those are often very pointed and topical questions which are being actively discussed in the forums.

If you are actually interested in analyzing quantitative or qualitative results and I were advising you, I would suggest at the least augmenting this effort with a snowball or network design. I would also drop the income question and the binary sex question. Especially with a small sample they are unlikely to be useful, and will tend to be ignored or dropped, and will be seen as intrusive in any case.

good luck.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
It is usually good practice to explain who you are and who you work for (of if a student, what course you are doing and where), why you have created the survey (objectives), and what you will do with the information. Also, I doubt 15 self-selected responses is in any way statistically significant, but that may not matter depending on the purpose of doing this.

And as per @ralph142’s well-informed comments, survey design is arguably more important than the survey results, since the latter is meaningful only if a survey is well designed. Survey design is not just think up a bunch a random questions, throw them at a wall, and hope something sticks. It is a science.

no worries, re-read it and think about the underlying questions: what you want to get to, compared to the response framing. Log out and take the actual survey as presented to the respondent. Then there is some mangled english. Then there are platform limitations: at least on an iPad, I could not add anything to the comments. It’s not uncommon with survey monkey or other on line services, that the operating systems involved at the respondent end create limitations to data collection.

Not a bad first try and don’t be discouraged by a low response rate. In this forum I would assert that you are not reaching even 1% of model three owners, idk, but I doubt anywhere near 4000 owners would even possibly see this. If you look at other surveys run here, the total responses are often well below 100, and those are often very pointed and topical questions which are being actively discussed in the forums.

If you are actually interested in analyzing quantitative or qualitative results and I were advising you, I would suggest at the least augmenting this effort with a snowball or network design. I would also drop the income question and the binary sex question. Especially with a small sample they are unlikely to be useful, and will tend to be ignored or dropped, and will be seen as intrusive in any case.

good luck.

Thank you, Ralph.

The number of the samples really not appropriate for a real commercial survey. Especially for high-value products from 3 different countries. I've seen another survey published by commercial media, it collected almost 5,000 Model 3 owners.

I think the designer of this MBA course (Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology) wants the students to understand the way how to design and analyse a survey. But 10 questions must cover "perception, attitudes, motivation, group and individual differences, culture, family and lifestyle" are too short to study a Tesla Model 3 consumer. I'll be very careful when analysing the results.

Really appreciate your advice, it would be a great help for my assessment.

It is usually good practice to explain who you are and who you work for (of if a student, what course you are doing and where), why you have created the survey (objectives), and what you will do with the information. Also, I doubt 15 self-selected responses is in any way statistically significant, but that may not matter depending on the purpose of doing this.

And as per @ralph142’s well-informed comments, survey design is arguably more important than the survey results, since the latter is meaningful only if a survey is well designed. Survey design is not just think up a bunch a random questions, throw them at a wall, and hope something sticks. It is a science.

Thank you, Vostok.

I should describe my survey in more detail way. I'm a student at Kaplan Business School in Adelaide, my survey is for my assessment of the MBA course "Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology". This survey is to analyse and understand Tesla Model 3 Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology in Australia, China and the United States.

About the design of the survey, it did have some flaws in question design, I'll do more study about it.

Really thank you for the comment and advice.

Thank you guys, now I have 11 AU, 3 CN and 6 US responses now.
Australia and the United States responses were reached the study needs.
I'll manage to find more Chinese responses.
The survey monkey was outside the GFW.
I have a friend link to the China Model 3 member chat group. But it is hard for them to access the survey.

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 58