Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Door Handle Stickers For Rideshare

Are You Interested In These Stickers?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you run the actual numbers to see if the Model 3 is cheap enough to actually make a profit? Most of the time the ride sharing companies are making a profit and the drivers are subsiding cheap rides.

Yes exactly. Also, let's say a fare is normally $20 and there is surge pricing, the cost my go up to $85 yet the driver does not get any of that extra revenue. You get to beat your car into the ground for little money, high risk and long hours. It is far better to lease a car and not destroy yours and let them take the depreciation. Some Lyft drivers lease Bolts for $1000 a month with free charging, it ends up being far less than paying for gas or electricity and the severe depreciation.

My neighbor pulled the emergency handle the day I got the car! I put on the evwraps vinyl transfers - they look pretty good and only the shape is transferred, no "blank" sticker part.

That sucks; but as I was saying in my post, if you're doing Uber or Lyft, you've got a routine to onboard/deboard passengers, and simply telling them as you're approaching full stop about how to open the door, as part of your goodbye routine, is simple and reliable enough, not to have to use stickers or anything like that.
Onboarding passengers is a different story, I open the door (from the inside) for them as I previously mentioned, as I can easily reach the handle; before that I tried just rolling down the window with each passenger and explain "press wider part with thumb and pull the rest with your hand"; it worked most times, but didn't like the palm prints on the door, neither did I trust that my window would be working for years if I had to roll it up and down with every passenger.

Pro tip for new Uber driver in Model 3: make sure you know how to unlock doors (lock icon in "status bar" of the screen) without having to put the car in Park. When I first started and wasn't opening door for customers, I forgot a few times to put car in Park or unlock the door, and had people pulling pretty hard on the handle trying to open the door.

Have you run the actual numbers to see if the Model 3 is cheap enough to actually make a profit? Most of the time the ride sharing companies are making a profit and the drivers are subsiding cheap rides.

The question wasn't for me, but since I ran those numbers, thought maybe I could help.
Full time ride sharing in any car is tough, not very profitable, and I wouldn't recommend it.
If you truly "ride share" though (pick up people on the way to/from work), the added mileage is minimal, and revenue is "almost" pure profit.

Where I live, I estimated the cost per mile for me to be ~40 cents.
Including dead miles, typical revenue is around $1 per mile

Tips are extremely important on those platforms to generate any profit, and although I don't have experience Ubering with other cars, I believe from what I hear that I am making more tips than the average driver.

The question wasn't for me, but since I ran those numbers, thought maybe I could help.
Full time ride sharing in any car is tough, not very profitable, and I wouldn't recommend it.
If you truly "ride share" though (pick up people on the way to/from work), the added mileage is minimal, and revenue is "almost" pure profit.

Where I live, I estimated the cost per mile for me to be ~40 cents.
Including dead miles, typical revenue is around $1 per mile

Tips are extremely important on those platforms to generate any profit, and although I don't have experience Ubering with other cars, I believe from what I hear that I am making more tips than the average driver.
This matches my conclusions as well. If you're going to be driving anyway, then by all means pick up a passenger and let them pay for your mileage. But running a taxi service with your personal vehicle is almost always going to be a losing proposition - especially when Uber/Lyft/etc is pricing the rides without taking into account vehicle maintenance and depreciation like a real taxi company would.

I'm more interested in Waze Carpool since it's basically designed for this scenario, but so far I haven't found anyone who lives and works near me.

This matches my conclusions as well. If you're going to be driving anyway, then by all means pick up a passenger and let them pay for your mileage. But running a taxi service with your personal vehicle is almost always going to be a losing proposition - especially when Uber/Lyft/etc is pricing the rides without taking into account vehicle maintenance and depreciation like a real taxi company would.

I'm more interested in Waze Carpool since it's basically designed for this scenario, but so far I haven't found anyone who lives and works near me.

Waze carpool never gave me any ride in my area.
Uber and Lyft lets you use a destination mode (limited to 2 times per day on Uber, 6 times per day on Lyft), so you can effectively use it on your way to and from work, and not get rides in the opposite direction.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
I have confidence that people will figure it out.
LOL. I don't think you've met "people" :)

Decades after being taught garbage vs. recycling, take a look @ what people put in either bin.

Some people rarely use rideshare, so they'll never have an experience. Others won't remember. And others won't care.

Stickers or some other sort of guidance is definitely needed here.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
Decades after being taught garbage vs. recycling, take a look @ what people put in either bin.
PNW is like a different country I swear. My wife is from Portland. I've heard stories about Oregon and Washington recycling issues. Around here, people separate it properly and if, in doubt, they just trash it. If it's a large family they also have multiple 96 gallon trash cans.

That said, people in the Midwest tend to be umm thicker for lack of a better word. I don't know how many can actually press on the wrong part of the handle.:D

• Funny
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt