Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Door Handle Stickers For Rideshare

Are You Interested In These Stickers?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Model 3 Owner myself, I have thought about doing rideshare (Uber & Lyft) in my free time to help offset the cost of my monthly payments. I am sure that many have thought about this as well, the Model 3 is a perfect rideshare car. It is low maintenance that costs very little to operate. After browsing some forums related to this, I noticed people complaining about passengers being confused with how to get in and out of the car. Even in my experience I have had issues with passengers getting in and out On a day to day basis there is no issue giving people a quick explanation, but for Uber & Lyft drivers that pick up hundreds of passengers a week, this can definitely get in the way.

As there is a wave of $35,000 Model 3’s that are about to hit the road, I am sure that we will see many Uber & Lyft drivers hitting the road with a Model 3. To help with this issue I am working on high quality vinyl stickers that will be placed on the door handles to show people where to press for the door to open.

I have linked some rough designs bellow, let me know if you are interested and I will open a pre order page. If you think that this is a good project, please help spread the word.

Thanks!

-Ari

Link To ROUGH Designs:

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 4.21.15 PM.png

Thanks for the reply Jeff, I was partly thinking this as well.
Mine might be a little harder to figure out... they're the same color as the paint.

k7mHown.jpg

As a Model 3 Owner myself, I have thought about doing rideshare (Uber & Lyft) in my free time to help offset the cost of my monthly payments. I am sure that many have thought about this as well, the Model 3 is a perfect rideshare car. It is low maintenance that costs very little to operate. After browsing some forums related to this, I noticed people complaining about passengers being confused with how to get in and out of the car. Even in my experience I have had issues with passengers getting in and out On a day to day basis there is no issue giving people a quick explanation, but for Uber & Lyft drivers that pick up hundreds of passengers a week, this can definitely get in the way.

As there is a wave of $35,000 Model 3’s that are about to hit the road, I am sure that we will see many Uber & Lyft drivers hitting the road with a Model 3. To help with this issue I am working on high quality vinyl stickers that will be placed on the door handles to show people where to press for the door to open.

I have linked some rough designs bellow, let me know if you are interested and I will open a pre order page. If you think that this is a good project, please help spread the word.

Thanks!

-Ari

Link To ROUGH Designs:

I think the stickers are a great idea but I think doing ride share and working for Uber in particular in the bay area is a horrible idea unless you don't value your safety particularly in SF proper.

I do rideshare. In my case, I am tall enough that I can reach the opposite back passenger door easily, so I usually open the door before they have a chance to figure it out. This also greatly reduces the chances for scratches from rings, etc. and palm/finger prints on the door; it gets nasty pretty quick otherwise.

The worst thing about the Model 3 is that I have to teach people how to get in and out. Sometimes I forget I have to teach them how to get out, and every single time, they've used the emergency handle... and I go "DOH".

If I were using it for rideshare, I would probably get a label, like OP is proposing. It would have to be nice looking. But, I would not get one for my car otherwise.. I'll put up with the occassional inconvenience.

Regarding the inside handle, it just becomes part of the routine to tell people as you arrive at destination, to open the door by pressing the button on top of the handle as they're pushing the door out; Gave 200+ rides with Uber in this car so far, and I have yet to see somebody use the emergency handle, this is a non issue.
Only the outside handle is an issue.

Thanks!

-Ari

Link To ROUGH Designs:

Good idea! Maybe add LEFT HAND - thumb push. I don't think people will figure it out trying to jump in the car and if push with wrong thumb they will be all thumbs fumbling - and then the ring and fingernail scratches. Maybe another for the front door that is red and says NO

I installed Abstract Ocean ‘s stickers on my 3 yesterday. I got both blue and black. Put the blue ones on. Preflight “Just press the blue button on the
door handle to open”. Night time just press the button on the door with the light on it.

It can for sure be sketchy at times, but there are many people that do it as a full time job with no major issues.

It's far more sketchy than you can imagine and I will leave it at that. Anyone crazy enough to do this in SF should get a good dash cam as the Tesla cam is not good enough for many reasons. The city hides the many ride share accidents and if the general public knew how bad it really is they would be shocked. Lyft and Uber are very powerful in SF with their tens of thousands of ride share cars that enter the city daily. Statistically it is a bad occupation, in the Bay Area it the statistics are against you in a big way. The poor pay is not worth it.