Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 finger Ring key?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have one.

Its not as reliable as my card nor my phone, but its a good emergency backup that works maybe 1 out of 10 tries.

It took us a few dozen times to figure out the Gspot for the pillar. I would say it’s reliable over 90 percent on the first try now. So at least for us better than the phone. Either way it’s not a problem and we are still learning our best practices.

Just got mine in today. Ordered 8 June arrived 24 June. I got a custom ring that I saw on their Instagram (attaches that picture). It was $150 + $15 in shipping I think. It’s already come in handy as I walked to the car without my phone or wallet to grab some paperwork. I’ll try to get some better pictures as my phone focused on the background instead of the ring.

It’s not as wide as I was expecting it (8mm is what they say). It is wider than my wedding band (4mm I think) but I’m also just not used to wearing a ring on my other hand. It’s very light and thin. I can’t seem to find a seam so it’s well made. The company was responsive to emails prior to purchase. They require approval of the custom rings before you submit an order. I did not want any logos on it, no Tesla T and I didn’t want the company logo either.

It paired just like a regular key car and I’m good to go! I’d recommend it for sure.

Attachments

• 3CC271C5-004A-410F-9538-DA8BA2E87783.png
    3CC271C5-004A-410F-9538-DA8BA2E87783.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1883.png
    IMG_1883.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1884.png
    IMG_1884.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1885.png
    IMG_1885.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1886.png
    IMG_1886.png
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1887.png
    IMG_1887.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1888.png
    IMG_1888.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1889.png
    IMG_1889.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Reactions: KenC
I bought this one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FHX6Y8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I got it in 3 days. I knew my ring size.

It is great. This is the first piece of jewelry I have ever purchased for myself other than watches. Wife did not want me to replace my wedding band so I wear it on the right hand. She says I look like I married two people. ha ha

It has worked well from the start. The trick is to place your 2nd knuckles on the pillar, not the ring itself. My phone works pretty well but will glitch every so often. I have to pull it out and wait for the app to wake the car. This happened with my Note 10 and now with my Note 20 as well. Nice to just raise my hand and unlock.

It is a little pricey, but worth it for me.

Wife did not want me to replace my wedding band so I wear it on the right hand. She says I look like I married two people. ha ha.
Right hand, for US or left-hand drive vehicles, would be the proper side to wear even if you weren't married. Eventually you'll get into the car (using the ring) and dilly-dally around long enough for the car to request you "badge in" with the keycard on the center console. It's easier to tap the console with a right-handed ring, rather than swing your left arm across your body.

I think you're missing the point. People want to carry one less thing, not add another that will have to sit in a pocket, purse, whatever, that can be lost (easier than a ring).

This^ I can’t take my phone into work and since I don’t have ANY keys anymore or FOB’s I have nothing in my pocket except for my wallet but I don’t want to dig my key card out. I’ve got the Cnick ring and it works great.

I do wish Tesla installed the sensor on both B-pillars though but I get the cost savings of not doing it.