Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Fix-it Suggestion Box.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where to access the official Tesla Model 3 suggestion box for fixes?

Not dream/wish box....but suggested fix-it box.

I have a few that are actually dangerous.

For instance:

Did you know that if the light on the bottom of the drivers door ( puddle light ) falls out...while the door is open...the window will automatically go up the 1/2 inch that it normally stays down.....then when you close the door with your normal force...you will either shatter the window or totally destroy the chrome molding that the window goes up into after the door is closed?

Do we need to crazy glue that light on the bottom of the door to keep the window from being destroyed?

Isn't that the weirdest thing? Why would Tesla program a car window to move up like that?

I have suggestions to fix stuff like that.

Isn't that the weirdest thing? Why would Tesla program a car window to move up like that?

I would guess the puddle light assembly has the "door close" proximity sensor. So when your light fell out, the door now thinks it is closed and the window goes up.

Best thing for stuff like that is to ask the service center techs when you take it in to get it fixed. They can then escalate to engineering.

Can't imagine how one could fall out. I replaced mine and they are in there very securely and it would have to fall out so hard it disconnected, no way that happens.
Yep...it happened.

Service center said...it must not have been pushed all the way in. I'm thinking it was that 1/4 inch of wire that was holding it in until a final door close finally dislodged it.

I repeated it on the passenger side. I gently pulled the light down to dislodge it from its pressure fit....and after 6 or so door closes it started hitting the door frame. I'm thinking eventually it would have disconnected.

I was just at the service center yesterday because the lights inside of my trunk wouldn't come on. They yelled out to a guru in the service center and he came over and "Connected the Lights" because they were just never connected. 30 seconds - In & Out.

BTW the Tesla service center is approx. 1.5 miles from where I work. I go there often to look at the cars coming in and chat with the techs.

Well now we have a very different scenario. Now we have the light coming loose and you continually slamming it in the door until it smashes. The disconnection of the light resets the circuit and the window moves. If you're slamming the light in the door the door will be closed and the adjustment of the window will not cause any harm. Also the window will not smash as easily as you are making out. Many cars have this style of window and no ordinary close is going to break it even if it is in the wrong position when you slam it. This thread is pure FUD.

• Disagree
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Well now we have a very different scenario. Now we have the light coming loose and you continually slamming it in the door until it smashes. The disconnection of the light resets the circuit and the window moves. If you're slamming the light in the door the door will be closed and the adjustment of the window will not cause any harm. Also the window will not smash as easily as you are making out. Many cars have this style of window and no ordinary close is going to break it even if it is in the wrong position when you slam it. This thread is pure FUD.
NOPE!!!!

Now we have the light coming loose? - Didn't say that
continually slamming it in the door? Didn't do that
until it smashes - Didn't do that either.

Read my post above. The WINDOW WILL SMASH against the molding. Pull the light out for yourself and try to close the door.

There is a youtuber showing how to change out the puddle lights and indicates that when changing out the lights - lower the window all the way down so you can close the door ( BECAUSE HE LEARNED the hard way)

If you read my 7700 posts...you will know I'm the total opposite of FUD. Welcome to TMC.

Last edited:
Reactions: SJC3
If you are modifying the car by all means be careful and don't do it if you don't know what your doing . This scenario you are fabricating has never occured in normal use and the probability of it occurring is astronomical. Your whole "Do we need to crazy glue that light on the bottom of the door to keep the window from being destroyed?" is nonsense and FUD.

If you are modifying the car by all means be careful and don't do it if you don't know what your doing . This scenario you are fabricating has never occured in normal use and the probability of it occurring is astronomical. Your whole "Do we need to crazy glue that light on the bottom of the door to keep the window from being destroyed?" is nonsense and FUD.

Nope.

Call the Tesla service center in Westmont Il and ask them if you please. No FUD here.

Enjoy your hatred and full knowledge of ALL service calls.

70 posts and 14 of them are disagrees. WOW.

I don't need to call a service center, I have removed the lights myself, the window only adjust when the circuit is broken. The connection is very secure, the light is secured to the car. Even if the light managed to work it's way loose of the car, you would have to leave it dangling and repeatedly slam it in the door and either smash it or somehow manage to hit it enough that the very secure wire connection managed to release. The little light can be a right pain to get out and get that wire connector to let go and that is when you're actually trying. Then after doing that you would have to slam the door very hard. Have you never see someone pop open a car with frameless windows. You can yank on those windows with incredible force. The window mechanism will bend before the window breaks. I have seen the top of windows pulled out several inches and the window does not break. Tow truck drivers pound a rubber wedge in with a mallet to pry open the glass. It would take series effort and incredible stupidity to break a window like this. It is 100% not an issue, it's not a bug, it's not a concern. It completely normal in all cars with frameless windows. I have no hatred of any kind. I'm just trying to point out that no one need to be concerned about this. Your using a lot of hyperbole to make this seem like a problem.

• Disagree
Reactions: Garlan Garner
I don't need to call a service center, I have removed the lights myself, the window only adjust when the circuit is broken. The connection is very secure, the light is secured to the car. Even if the light managed to work it's way loose of the car, you would have to leave it dangling and repeatedly slam it in the door and either smash it or somehow manage to hit it enough that the very secure wire connection managed to release. The little light can be a right pain to get out and get that wire connector to let go and that is when you're actually trying. Then after doing that you would have to slam the door very hard. Have you never see someone pop open a car with frameless windows. You can yank on those windows with incredible force. The window mechanism will bend before the window breaks. I have seen the top of windows pulled out several inches and the window does not break. Tow truck drivers pound a rubber wedge in with a mallet to pry open the glass. It would take series effort and incredible stupidity to break a window like this. It is 100% not an issue, it's not a bug, it's not a concern. It completely normal in all cars with frameless windows. I have no hatred of any kind. I'm just trying to point out that no one need to be concerned about this. Your using a lot of hyperbole to make this seem like a problem.
Enjoy your hatred