Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I set scheduled charging to be ready to leave by 7:30am weekdays
been using it since Monday or Tuesday works well so far

Plugged in Friday night - charging set to be completed by 7:30am....wot!
I expected it to start charging straight away
Going to be interesting to see what happens over the weekend, especially Sunday night
Well I checked the app post midnight, charging stopped
Plugged car back in, started charging

I tried scheduled departure once during the week and it worked but in my case I don’t use the car in the morn and so don’t need preconditioning So decided to go back to the old scheduled start time. Haven’t tried the new way on a weekend yet where it appears you can switch off preconditioning.

I tried scheduled departure once during the week and it worked but in my case I don’t use the car in the morn and so don’t need preconditioning So decided to go back to the old scheduled start time. Haven’t tried the new way on a weekend yet where it appears you can switch off preconditioning.
I thought it was supposed to precondition the battery as well
Car is set to charge to 80%
Each morning the cabin has felt warm but I've been getting a few dots under P R N D
which I think in this case is low regen indication. Temp 15deg doesn't go away till 17deg
I don't recall seeing this on older software or when I wasn't using scheduled charging
could be I just didn't notice it

On the energy bar, black (or white in night brightness) represents energy being used during acceleration and green indicates energy being gained through regenerative braking. A dashed line appears on the energy bar when power available for acceleration or power that can be gained by regenerative braking is being limited. Model 3 limits power for many reasons. Here are just a few examples:

• Acceleration may be limited when the Battery is reaching a low state of charge or if the powertrain is hot. • Both acceleration and regenerative braking may be limited when the ambient temperature is either very warm or cool.

• Regenerative braking may be limited when the Battery is fully charged.
[\QUOTE]

There’s an option to switch off preconditioning on weekends but not sure if that’s just cabin or battery too. Probably both I guess. The only time I’ve noticed the dots so far is once when I charged to 100%
hmm I'll have to keep a closer eye on the dots, so far I've only seen it in the morning with temp below 17Deg since I've been using "Scheduled departure" Depart at"

I don't have "precondition cabin on weekdays only" enabled as I've chosen "depart at" 7:30 am "Weekdays"
which greys that option out since I've already chosen weekdays anyway

interestingly plugged in the car tonight (8PM)and it started charging straight away, as I would have expected
Different to Friday night (7PM)when it had scheduled charging again to finish at 7:30am Saturday
Could have been a glitch I suppose

Every mother has to like their children. I always thought pickup trucks are a waste of time and Cybertruck
has just cemented my views.
48 hours later on and I’ve done a complete u turn. I like Tesla’s cyber truck as it leaves all other pickup trucks behind. I like the large interior, I like the covered rear bed, I like the auto tail gate ramp, I like the standard price. I like the $8000 our government is going to give me in 2021 but properly not as they will be gone soon thanks to Peters very BS slush 500k fund and his billion of $’s government funded slush fund.
Cyber Truck has just taken my mind totally off Tesla’s Y as everything I need to fit in my 3 will fit in the Y but Cyber Truck will be carrying all my fun toys so much easier as I hock up my battery ski boat or battery jet skis, e bikes and my kayaks.

Last edited:
48 hours later on and I’ve done a complete u turn. I like Tesla’s cyber truck as it leaves all other pickup trucks behind. I like the large interior, I like the covered rear bed, I like the auto tail gate ramp, I like the standard price. I like the $8000 our government is going to give me in 2021 but properly not as they will be gone soon thanks to Peters very BS slush 500k fund and his billion of $’s government funded slush fund.
Cyber Truck has just taken my mind totally off Tesla’s Y as everything I need to fit in my 3 will fit in the Y but Cyber Truck will be carrying all my fun toys so much easier as I hock up my battery ski boat or battery jet skis, e bikes and my kayaks.
Yeh, Love my Model 3, looks stunning and drives like a super car, but I am continually cleaning it.
With Cybertruck in the driveway, who cares about a bit of bug splat / animal debris, just drive the f***er :D.
300km (AWD) of green fun.
Placed my preorder, will see what happens...

Yeh, Love my Model 3, looks stunning and drives like a super car, but I am continually cleaning it.
With Cybertruck in the driveway, who cares about a bit of bug splat / animal debris, just drive the f***er :D.
300km (AWD) of green fun.
Placed my preorder, will see what happens...
Hah trying to keep mine clean has turned into a full time job :)
I must admit Cybertruck has grown on me

It's interesting why so many have to protect Tesla's paint with film around the world and wash their Tesla's more often than say a BMW 3 series. I've added a small amount of film instead of mud flaps but the rest of the painted area can stay as is. I do like the plastic aero wheel covers as its so much faster washing the covers then without.

Had a very welcome call from Tesla Auckland today bringing forward my delivery from 23rd Dec to the 11th Dec. The anticipation has been growing for a while now. Have bought quite a few accessories, the forum has been great help in seeing what people are finding useful and those items that are a waste of time.

Had a very welcome call from Tesla Auckland today bringing forward my delivery from 23rd Dec to the 11th Dec. The anticipation has been growing for a while now. Have bought quite a few accessories, the forum has been great help in seeing what people are finding useful and those items that are a waste of time.
It's going to be a slow 12 days for you. The only advice I can give is go over the exterior paint as well open the doors and check the frames for good paint finish.

It's going to be a slow 12 days for you. The only advice I can give is go over the exterior paint as well open the doors and check the frames for good paint finish.
We are off to sydney for a few days so that will help pass the time. Thanks for the advice, I will make sure to check the exterior paint etc, there certainly has been lots of comments and criticism on all the forums about this.