Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Reservation Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to figure out what you get for making a reservation. According to the agreement Tesla is not bound to any priority system. There is no indication in the agreement that there will be a correlation between when you reserve and your actual reservation sequence or build priority. The whole agreement basically establishes multiple limitations on you while requiring nothing from Tesla except they'll refund your payment anytime up until you sign a purchase agreement. They don't even have to keep the funds in any kind of separate escrow account.

OK. No problem. Where do I sign?:)

2. Nature of Agreement; Non-Binding Reservation Payment
The Reservation Payment is fully refundable at any time (for example,
if you choose to cancel or abandon your reservation, or if we decline to
maintain you as a reservation holder
).

Reservation agreement includes a message to Alsop.
Oh, and let's not overlook:
You are under no obligation to purchase a Model 3 from us, and we are under no obligation to sell you a vehicle.

I actually had to laugh at that line, again in keeping with the history some have seen the need to share here in the forums.

Seems to work fine again. A bit odd that you cannot transfer the reservation when the car's owner isn't determined until the order is placed.
They don't want a secondary market to develop with people selling reservation spots. You can already see the uproar over giving current owners priority. If you starting seeing reservation slots on eBay? Whoo-boy.

What happens if someone pays big money for a reservation and then due to Tesla's needs and batching their car ends up delayed? It would not put Tesla in a good light.

Each person should be quick, but if you're #100 in line...

You should be able to speed up your individual reservation by creating a My Tesla account ahead of time. Bring your username and password. I expect the reservation process will simply be logging into your account on an in-store iPad, clicking "Reserve Model 3", entering your credit card info, click buy, and log out.