Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 testing CIPED’s damper system energy harvesting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NeverFollow

Aug 9, 2010
Wanted Poster
fd23eb5e-ba31-4921-adab-1f1b19f7988c-jpeg.262598

I was intrigued with this red and Yellow button. I noticed a similar button in the following CIPED video:

The CIPED (Compact Intelligent Powerful Electric Drivetrain) system from INSERO, Danmark,
is constructed around the technology for linear magnetic actuators and
is using SRM (Switched Reluctance Motors.)

The CIPED system allows to both:
- control the suspension system to provide an active dampening of the vehicle, and
- generate energy from the driving vehicle using energy harvesting.

CIPED 1  .jpg

CIPED 2  .jpg

CIPED 3  .jpg

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: kelly and Pkmmte
So why there would be then a Tesla S at the beginning of the video?

View attachment 262635
I mean you could be right, but don’t base it simply on the e-stop buttons used in both cases.
These e-stop buttons are in pretty much all test vehicles from any manufacturer. I work on all kinds of machinery in different industries and these buttons are used all over the place.

Reactions: e-FTW
I mean you could be right, but don’t base it simply on the e-stop buttons used in both cases.
These e-stop buttons are in pretty much all test vehicles from any manufacturer. I work on all kinds of machinery in different industries and these buttons are used all over the place.
And we’ve seen them in many different Tesla models. I've seen an S with one a few years ago.