Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 the way I want - Signature Wheel + MPP Comfort Coilover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m going the same route with MPP comfort coilovers. Many people are reporting frequent bottoming out with just lowering springs. If I’m dropping it, I’m doing it right the first time around.

Did you get the control arms with your drop? How was your alignment after?

@aspec818 I read a lot of lowering options on the forum, and I decided to do it right the first time. I am 120% recommending it, you will love it.

I only got the coilover, no control arms since i don't plan to adjust height much nor track.

• Informative
Reactions: skrtskrt
S3xy AF sir, well done.

@Gavyne Thanks so much

That's probably the cleanest Model I have ever saw so far.

Are you on the lowest setting for the MPP comfort coilover ? How's the ride ?

@Tessy80667 Not the lowest, I don't think thats practical since it's my daily driver. I followed MPP suggestion since they know their stuffs the best. The ride is incredible, like sport sedan blood being injected in to this car. Love it!

Looks great! Would love to know what tint % you are running there love the contrast..

@SiNiSon They have dark, medium and light. I went with medium all around include the big back window. From memory i remembered it's 30%, hope this help!

Super job. The car sits nicely lower but not slammed. Looks like you lowered it about 1.25 in? Or was it more? What did you end up with for camber on front and rear and did you get the adjustable camber arms? Finally how do you like the re71s on the street? Gripy as hell but I understand they're kind of a bear on the freeway. And last question do you have any idea what this tire setup did to your range?

@dfwatt

It's what the shop and mountainpass recommended, turn out just right.

I used RE71S on my F80 M3, it's a lot more noise on the Model 3. I believe the M3 exhaust was offsetting the noise before, but kind of make the Model 3 more race car feel, I like it in a way. I think OEM tire were too quiet anyways. When I drive pass people, it doesn't feel right. Know what i mean, LOL!

Reactions: SammichLover
Inquiring minds want to know

1. any wheel poke at all on this set up?
2. how much lower than the stock ride height
3. quality/comfort of the ride vs. stock
4. handling and steering feel vs. stock

That is the best looking model 3 I have seen as well (maybe i'm biased since I have the white!) and I really like the 265 width all around.

@gilscales - hope following help!

1. It's just perfect for me. To make square fitment, this is the perfect offset IMO.

2. i believe its 1 finger gap only now, love it!

3. i like it much better than stock, i came from BMW F80 M3 before, so I like more aggressive damping and more more sporty feel. OEM is too luxury feel for my taste

4. 19x9.5 with 265 wide tire should come from the factory vs the 8.5 wide 235 tire, it's so much more grip turning and you feel the road so much more when you drive

Thanks for the best looking model 3 comment, i always mod my cars with being classic and clean in mind, nothing ever over the top if you know what i mean by that.

Also thanks:

SonicMS in San Jose for the flawless install

California Auto Tinting in Campbell
I am getting an almost identical setup to yours on my P3D:
- Vertini VS08 fully forged wheels 19x9.5 +35 square
- Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ 265/35 19
- MPP sport coil-overs with rear camber arms
- MPP big brake kit

Some questions:
1. Why did you go with +34 over +35 offset. How much clearance do you have in front (back of the wheel to the suspension arm) with +34?
2. How did you deal with the added camber in the rear produced by the lowering since there is no camber adjustment on the model 3. Did you get the MPP rear camber arms?
3. I live in San Jose and was looking for a place to do this work. SonicMS looks like a BMW place. Do they have enough experience with Model 3s? What are their prices like?

I am getting an almost identical setup to yours on my P3D:
- Vertini VS08 fully forged wheels 19x9.5 +35 square
- Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ 265/35 19
- MPP sport coil-overs with rear camber arms
- MPP big brake kit

Some questions:
1. Why did you go with +34 over +35 offset. How much clearance do you have in front (back of the wheel to the suspension arm) with +34?
2. How did you deal with the added camber in the rear produced by the lowering since there is no camber adjustment on the model 3. Did you get the MPP rear camber arms?
3. I live in San Jose and was looking for a place to do this work. SonicMS looks like a BMW place. Do they have enough experience with Model 3s? What are their prices like?

@Perry

The difference between ET34 and 35 is only 1mm, not noticeable difference. I always preferred more aggressive fitment if possible. And I didn’t lower all the way to require camber adjustments. There is no difference in suspension install between EV and regular cars either right?

As for SonicMS, they done all my BMW M3 works before flawlessly so I trust them 100%. Their price is very reasonable, just call them, I’m sure they will take good care of you.

Hope these help!

@gilscales - hope following help!

1. It's just perfect for me. To make square fitment, this is the perfect offset IMO.

2. i believe its 1 finger gap only now, love it!

3. i like it much better than stock, i came from BMW F80 M3 before, so I like more aggressive damping and more more sporty feel. OEM is too luxury feel for my taste

4. 19x9.5 with 265 wide tire should come from the factory vs the 8.5 wide 235 tire, it's so much more grip turning and you feel the road so much more when you drive

Thanks for the best looking model 3 comment, i always mod my cars with being classic and clean in mind, nothing ever over the top if you know what i mean by that.

Do you have straight on shots from the front or rear? I'd like to see the how flush it sits.

Thanks!

I love that look, but I don't think I want to be any lower, the 3 is already so low I worry about scraping the battery pack, nose, and felt covering all the time. From the factory the 18's look a bit small and the wheel wells look too high as well. But I still can't bring myself to lowering it, and removing the ability to pull into some driveways. I want to get rid of my aero wheels too, but I don't want to lose range based on tire choices. I'm wondering how much range I would lose if I switched to 19x8.5's, that are lighter than aeros or around the same, but kept the same style tires, and no lowering. I would actually go to a more comfortable shock over stock if I could leave the ride height where it is. I guess this would degrade my handling some, but being realistic 95% of my driving is commuting to and from work.

I love that look, but I don't think I want to be any lower, the 3 is already so low I worry about scraping the battery pack, nose, and felt covering all the time. From the factory the 18's look a bit small and the wheel wells look too high as well. But I still can't bring myself to lowering it, and removing the ability to pull into some driveways. I want to get rid of my aero wheels too, but I don't want to lose range based on tire choices. I'm wondering how much range I would lose if I switched to 19x8.5's, that are lighter than aeros or around the same, but kept the same style tires, and no lowering. I would actually go to a more comfortable shock over stock if I could leave the ride height where it is. I guess this would degrade my handling some, but being realistic 95% of my driving is commuting to and from work.

Honestly, I think my current height is perfect, @MountainPass nailed it with their comfort coilover. If you can test drive someone's, please do. Its night and day handling.

So far, no range lose as far as i know, I am monitoring the range average, will report back after one month.

• Informative
Reactions: Glamisduner
Do you have straight on shots from the front or rear? I'd like to see the how flush it sits.

Thanks!

@SD_Engnr How did you know....... I did another shoot! Hope the rear three quarter angle help ~

DSC_1509.jpg
DSC_1516.jpg
DSC_1521.jpg

Last edited: