Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 the way I want - Signature Wheel + MPP Comfort Coilover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@YisSerL I don’t think it’s default height out of box. My shop SonicMS adjusted to 1 finger gap, turn out to be good. Hope this help!
I hope SonicMS didn't actually measure the height adjustment with their fingers. MPP in their coilover installation video shows very precisely in millimiters how to adjust to recommended height using thread measurements and they state this should be done before installing the coilover. So basically before you can even tell how many finger gap you have. See 1:42 marker:

I presume you asked them to watch this video and follow it precisely. There's a lot of important tips in there that if you don't follow you could actually do long term damage to your bushings and suspension.

If I were you, I would check their work and measure the height the proper way and see if they did it to spec. You can go out of spec but then you will not get the optimum performance the coilovers where specifically designed and tuned for. MMP took great care to tune these coilovers using software and road testing on PageMill mountain road in California.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: skrtskrt
I hope SonicMS didn't actually measure the height adjustment with their fingers. MPP in their coilover installation video shows very precisely in millimiters how to adjust to recommended height using thread measurements and they state this should be done before installing the coilover. So basically before you can even tell how many finger gap you have. See 1:42 marker:

I presume you asked them to watch this video and follow it precisely. There's a lot of important tips in there that if you don't follow you could actually do long term damage to your bushings and suspension.

If I were you, I would check their work and measure the height the proper way and see if they did it to spec. You can go out of spec but then you will not get the optimum performance the coilovers where specifically designed and tuned for.

@Perry thx for the reminder, they watched it first before the install!

If I were you, I would check their work and measure the height the proper way and see if they did it to spec. You can go out of spec but then you will not get the optimum performance the coilovers where specifically designed and tuned for. MMP took great care to tune these coilovers using software and road testing on PageMill mountain road in California.

but even if they weren't exactly as MPP's suggested starting height, they should be fine. they're adjustable coilovers after all, which allow you to freely adjust your ride height without negative effects.

@2018M3 what do you do for lugnuts?

Seeing as the Model3 has 14mm wheel studs, do “normal” 5x114.3 wheels suited for a typical 12mm studs work on the Model3? Does that even make sense?

You have the exact wheel setup I’m about to order, well I’m ordering different wheels, but your specs are what I was ordering. I just wanted to verify they will fit over the 14mm lugs and there are no lugnut issues?

Your car is exactly what the mMdel3 should have looked like from the factory.

Reactions: Perry
but even if they weren't exactly as MPP's suggested starting height, they should be fine. they're adjustable coilovers after all, which allow you to freely adjust your ride height without negative effects.
That's true for normal street use but if you care about track use or pushing the car to the edge, staying as close to MPP's recommended settings is best, seeing that they arrived at that recommended height through data analysis testing. At that recommended height, the suspension has the most amount of travel in both directions (compression/extension), with least chance of hitting the bump stops, giving it the ability to best conform to the unevenness of the road, maintaining tire grip.

Last edited:
@2018M3 what do you do for lugnuts?

Seeing as the Model3 has 14mm wheel studs, do “normal” 5x114.3 wheels suited for a typical 12mm studs work on the Model3? Does that even make sense?

You have the exact wheel setup I’m about to order, well I’m ordering different wheels, but your specs are what I was ordering. I just wanted to verify they will fit over the 14mm lugs and there are no lugnut issues?

Your car is exactly what the mMdel3 should have looked like from the factory.

@503M3 Slightly confused. Signature wheels are made to fit using oem lug bolts perfectly if that’s what you meant.

That's true for normal street use but if you care about track use or pushing the car to the edge, staying as close to MPP's recommended settings is best, seeing that they arrived at that recommended height through data analysis testing. At that recommended height, the suspension has the most amount of travel in both directions (compression/extension), with least chance of hitting the bump stops, giving it the ability to best conform to the unevenness of the road, maintaining tire grip.

@Perry good info, thx!

And in my opinion, the chrome makes it look like a mom car.
And to me chrome delete looks like a dumb teenager car with too much time on his hands. Not that I like chrome but removing it is a ridiculous fad that I don't think adds anything to the look. I rather spend my time and money on meaningful performance mods.

Those who usually do chrome delete are the same bunch who get lowering springs instead of coilovers, or get staggered wheel setup on an all wheel drive car. Yes, we're talking about that kind off nonsense.

And to me chrome delete looks like a dumb teenager car with too much time on his hands. Not that I like chrome but removing it is a ridiculous fad that I don't think adds anything to the look. I rather spend my time and money on meaningful performance mods.

Those who usually do chrome delete are the same bunch who get lowering springs instead of coilovers, or get staggered wheel setup on an all wheel drive car. Yes, we're talking about that kind off nonsense.

You keep saying this is nonsense like your opinion is fact. I'll reiterate: I think the basic model 3 look is akin to a mom car.

We can agree to disagree.