Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 widebody

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps he didn't know it was a knockoff?

What did you hear about Revozport?

I guess that's possible but when you pay 2-2.5k for this kit it should be pretty obvious it's not a real Vorsteiner. ;) And there are no logos on any of the parts, that's always only the case with Chinese parts. So I think he knows. Like I said, I've seen others do the same thing, get the cheap kit and call it Vorsteiner. That's just not fair to Vorsteiner, quality is not even close.

Someone on Instagram who ordered a carbon hood from RevoZport received it with a lot of transport damage. RevoZport refused to help him, no new hood and no refund. They even ended up blocking him. Only after he posted it to his Instagram story and many other Tesla owners shared it they ended up refunding. They pretty much had no choice after all that bad publicity I guess. I do see many people use their products so it's definitely not bad for everyone. But I'm just not risking it, rather buy from companies that do have good customer service. Bit of a shame, as I do really like their products.

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
I guess that's possible but when you pay 2-2.5k for this kit it should be pretty obvious it's not a real Vorsteiner. ;) And there are no logos on any of the parts, that's always only the case with Chinese parts. So I think he knows. Like I said, I've seen others do the same thing, get the cheap kit and call it Vorsteiner. That's just not fair to Vorsteiner, quality is not even close.

Someone on Instagram who ordered a carbon hood from RevoZport received it with a lot of transport damage. RevoZport refused to help him, no new hood and no refund. They even ended up blocking him. Only after he posted it to his Instagram story and many other Tesla owners shared it they ended up refunding. They pretty much had no choice after all that bad publicity I guess. I do see many people use their products so it's definitely not bad for everyone. But I'm just not risking it, rather buy from companies that do have good customer service. Bit of a shame, as I do really like their products.
Well I'll give OP the benefit of the doubt since I'm such a nice guy and not a meanie like you sir :D But seriously, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if OP wasn't familiar with Vorsteiner. I mean, you're probably right he should've known but I feel like it's such a lame thing to lie about to begin with so *shrug*

That's a real shame regarding Revozport. This is especially concerning for me since I've been eyeing their carbon fiber hood for a while now. Do you know if the damaged hood was packaged properly? If it wasn't, I can understand why the buyer felt Revozport was responsible. Otherwise, the shipping company could be the one to blame for the damages.

Well I'll give OP the benefit of the doubt since I'm such a nice guy and not a meanie like you sir :D But seriously, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if OP wasn't familiar with Vorsteiner. I mean, you're probably right he should've known but I feel like it's such a lame thing to lie about to begin with so *shrug*

That's a real shame regarding Revozport. This is especially concerning for me since I've been eyeing their carbon fiber hood for a while now. Do you know if the damaged hood was packaged properly? If it wasn't, I can understand why the buyer felt Revozport was responsible. Otherwise, the shipping company could be the one to blame for the damages.

Hey, I'm no meanie! :p I even complimented him on the cool looking Model 3. ;) I really don't mind people using cheaper alternatives, I actually had it on order myself but decided to cancel it after seeing some of the Ebay/Ali carbon parts on cars a few years later, looks horrible. Always better to go with quality parts. Anyway, untill we hear from OP again we won't really know if he actually thought it was a real Vorsteiner kit or not.

Yep, sure is a shame. Think I would've ordered some of their things as well if I didn't see that stuff on Instagram. Their carbon hood looks really great but to answer your question, no it didn't get packaged properly. Just came in a cardboard box with a little bit of foam, but not enough. That's why it got damaged. The cardboard box was damaged as well. Ofcourse the shipping company had some blame there as well but it's always up to RevoZport to come up with a solution then and not the customer. But they apparently didn't untill later on when they basically got blackmailed by many others. I'm not saying that everyone ordering from them will get the same problem but there's definitely a possibility. Maybe they learned and won't make the same mistake again.

Reactions: hydro 481
Hey, I'm no meanie! :p I even complimented him on the cool looking Model 3. ;) I really don't mind people using cheaper alternatives, I actually had it on order myself but decided to cancel it after seeing some of the Ebay/Ali carbon parts on cars a few years later, looks horrible. Always better to go with quality parts. Anyway, untill we hear from OP again we won't really know if he actually thought it was a real Vorsteiner kit or not.

Yep, sure is a shame. Think I would've ordered some of their things as well if I didn't see that stuff on Instagram. Their carbon hood looks really great but to answer your question, no it didn't get packaged properly. Just came in a cardboard box with a little bit of foam, but not enough. That's why it got damaged. The cardboard box was damaged as well. Ofcourse the shipping company had some blame there as well but it's always up to RevoZport to come up with a solution then and not the customer. But they apparently didn't untill later on when they basically got blackmailed by many others. I'm not saying that everyone ordering from them will get the same problem but there's definitely a possibility. Maybe they learned and won't make the same mistake again.
I was a bit surprised you called him out tbh. Now he may never come back to answer your questions :p IMO there's not much shame in ordering knockoffs when it comes to expensive car items like this. It's not like you're wearing some fake Nike apparel to save a few bucks.

That's alarming that Revozport didn't take the proper precautions when packing their products. I'll probably still order the hood at some point but I'll make sure to point out to them my concerns and hopefully they'll package it better this time.

Reactions: Firehuntah