Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model S, will not shift into drive, Parking, Neutral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1035.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpeg
    IMG_1032.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 12
hello im in here 👋
Can someone of you guys maybe help
Me a bit with this situation, I’m new to Tesla, but have this customer that have come with to many alert so I been working a bit on it to day, and ended up with these alerts.
I cannot drive the car, nothing reacts, my question is, if it’s possible that the alerts with charging have something to do with the other 2 alerts, that why the car can’t put in gear?
Can someone of u guys maybe explain it to me if u had same situation??

Upvote 0
I believe the CP fault will prevent you from charging but it won't prevent you from driving. The charge port can detect if the inside cover is on to prevent exposed high-power cables.

Google HVIL, it's common to all EVs. The HVIL fault is what's preventing you from driving. That connector you have pictured clearly has a broken HVIL pin. Replace that cable.

Upvote 0
I believe the CP fault will prevent you from charging but it won't prevent you from driving. The charge port can detect if the inside cover is on to prevent exposed high-power cables.

Google HVIL, it's common to all EVs. The HVIL fault is what's preventing you from driving. That connector you have pictured clearly has a broken HVIL pin. Replace that cable.
I did but it didn’t help tho. Still problem with putting it in gear

Upvote 0
I did change it, there for I’m left with these 3 alerts that’s making me go crazy 🤣 the car win not put in gear
HVIL simply checks if all the HV stuff is plugged in.

You have an HVIL fault.

Figure out what is not plugged in or what connector has broken HVIL pins. There is a good chance that damaged connector also damaged the receiving end.

There are wiring diagrams online.

Also, support your 12V. Contactors are not closing.

Upvote 0
hello im in here 👋
Can someone of you guys maybe help
Me a bit with this situation, I’m new to Tesla, but have this customer that have come with to many alert so I been working a bit on it to day, and ended up with these alerts.
I cannot drive the car, nothing reacts, my question is, if it’s possible that the alerts with charging have something to do with the other 2 alerts, that why the car can’t put in gear?
Can someone of u guys maybe explain it to me if u had same situation??

Did you broke that HVIL pin in HV connector yourself?
Makes me wondering which faults where present before and after you start working on the car.

CP_w009:

BMS_f036 Try Google or see attached document but big chance the issue is in the connector you where holding.

Attachments

• SB-10052449-4313 (HVIL).pdf
    667.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0