Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Crash - Aftermath Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I may be so bold...

We should not be using "accident" to describe situations like this.

Statement of fact: This was a crash. This was a collision. It was a logical result of an action taken (running a red light).

Statement of cause: Accident. The cause of this crash is no mystery, and we certainly know how it could have been avoided.

I know this sounds pedantic, but I find that words do matter. When an event is an accident, we consider it to be inevitable, and we're not really sure how it happened, nor how to avoid it next time. There's no reason to figure out how to avoid the same thing in the future because, "It was an accident." Yet, this was no strike of lightning.

Thanks for listening.

And most importantly: I'm so glad that your wife was so well protected by the X in this crash.

If I may be so bold...

We should not be using "accident" to describe situations like this.

Statement of fact: This was a crash. This was a collision. It was a logical result of an action taken (running a red light).

Statement of cause: Accident. The cause of this crash is no mystery, and we certainly know how it could have been avoided.

Couldn't agree more! Accidents can happen but I have been saying for decades that 90% of the "accidents" are actually "crashes" that were for the most part avoidable. Whether it is putting down the phone, or driving slower on ice/snow, or checking the condition of one's car before driving... most are avoidable.

Glad that your wife is safe and the model X did one of it's jobs... protecting the occupant.

No, 40k in repairs. All new seats are on order... Tesla is estimating seats will arrive in February :(. You the same b00st3d from Instagram?

Man, I feel your pain. We’re going on 11 months in rentals without our Model X with $43k in initial repairs after my wife was in a similar accident. Hang in there. It’s a brutal repair process due to discontinued and damaged replacement parts from Tesla, not to mention insurance is the worst. Hoping to get ours back before the 1.5 year mark.

Really wish Tesla would provide an upgrade path for owners who get stuck in these situations waiting on parts.