Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y - Auto Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That seems very fair....I'm paying more than that as a 37 y/o perfect record on a '18 Forester XT. My coverages are high. I'm glad to hear that's Allstate because that's who I'm currently with and would like to stick with them. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: btd08
Since i received my VIN today morning, i have been window shopping around and was curios what others owners are paying.

So far the best rate i have gotten is ALLSTATE which is about 450 for 6 months!
Insurance rates is highly targeted. There are many factors do you cant really shop by reading what others got. The best way is to actually spend the time to get quotes from many insurers to see what you can get.

I have a LR AWD and was told today by Allstate they only have one sub model of Model Y in their system and that is the Performance. Hence all insurance quotes from Allstate are based on the higher priced model.

Has anyone any experience from other insurance companies? And yes, I know i have the VIN that calls out Performance model but my purchase contract clearly states Long Range AWD.

Wow I didn't know rates were so high here I guess I am just used to paying them. I am accident free multiline and all the other discounts $260 month with State Farm I do carry higher coverage though. Also they have mine listed as a performance too I would assume the F in the vin has something to do with it at least thats what I read.

Mine is just a little more than $125/month with State Farm. It's the most expensive of the 3 vehicles that I have. The BMW is $100 and I believe our GMC is right around that. Even the previous 2017 Camaro ZL1, 2015 Corvette and 2011 CTS-V were less than the Tesla. Seems that Tesla in general is more expensive than most cars. We also carry pretty high coverage and low deductibles so it's hard to compare unless all things are equal.