Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Deliveries Officially Underway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Ahead of schedule. As expected, the very first deliveries of the Tesla Model Y are now underway. Reports are beginning to trickle in with deliveries occurring in several states throughout the U.S. For those taking delivery today, Friday the 13th turns out to be a lucky day this year. The first reported delivery comes to...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/03/13/tesla-model-y-delivery-start/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Sweet!! BUT, I have a small worry. I don't see an obvious mounting point for a cargo cover. Cargo covers are important to me because I keep stuff in that area and I'd like to keep prying eyes away, ALSO, I think it's a significant sound dampener. Hope there is an optional cargo cover.

Sweet!! BUT, I have a small worry. I don't see an obvious mounting point for a cargo cover. Cargo covers are important to me because I keep stuff in that area and I'd like to keep prying eyes away, ALSO, I think it's a significant sound dampener. Hope there is an optional cargo cover.
Yes ,,, I agree ,, it will be a huge disappointment,, guess will have to jam as much underneath

Picked up my PY in Carlsbad tonight. Great experience as expected. Well done Elon, Tesla. This is a beautiful car.

What questions do we still have?

CDDBC895-EC5D-4771-A8EB-CE1AD9F8E769.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered last year on the night of the reveal. As both a 3 and an X owner it drives like the former but looks like the latter. There are a handful of key upgrades I care about: rear speakers and better sound, side lighting on the passenger doors, more frunk & trunk space, way more cargo overall, wireless charging and USB-C. I *think* there is more road noise than my 3 but hard to tell since I don't have it anymore. Could be the performance package. Overall... anyone waiting for delivery is in for a treat. Prepare for your expectations to be exceeded.

TLDR: Best Tesla yet.

How does it compare to the X in terms of ride/ handling and noise? One of my biggest issues with our 2016 X P90D has always been the road noise. It seems they have improved on that with newer revisions, especially the Raven X’s, but just wondering. I’m sure noise is going to be amplified in the performance Y with those 21” wheels and lowered suspension.

How does it compare to the X in terms of ride/ handling and noise? One of my biggest issues with our 2016 X P90D has always been the road noise. It seems they have improved on that with newer revisions, especially the Raven X’s, but just wondering. I’m sure noise is going to be amplified in the performance Y with those 21” wheels and lowered suspension.
This 2020 PY is significantly louder than our 2020 LRX. Is it also significantly more fun to drive. Don’t let a little noise stop you.

Reactions: Dwayne Hicks
This 2020 PY is significantly louder than our 2020 LRX. Is it also significantly more fun to drive. Don’t let a little noise stop you.

Not worried about the noise, just curious. Hopefully I’ll get to find out for myself soon. Our Model Y is a LR AWD white on white with the 20” induction wheels. So still waiting to confirm all our info. We’ve decided to sell/ trade our 2016 X. I’m watching the X lose too much value and figure it’s time. But it’s forever locked to MCU1 and AP1.0. It’s an early 2016, but has been great for 4 years. We’ll see how the Y works for us. May buy another X at some point, but my plan is to have the Y and the CyberTruck.

Anyway looks fun, go drive that thing! ...I’m still second guessing the decision to not get the performance model,

Reactions: M109Rider
Not worried about the noise, just curious. Hopefully I’ll get to find out for myself soon. Our Model Y is a LR AWD white on white with the 20” induction wheels. So still waiting to confirm all our info. We’ve decided to sell/ trade our 2016 X. I’m watching the X lose too much value and figure it’s time. But it’s forever locked to MCU1 and AP1.0. It’s an early 2016, but has been great for 4 years. We’ll see how the Y works for us. May buy another X at some point, but my plan is to have the Y and the CyberTruck.

Anyway looks fun, go drive that thing! ...I’m still second guessing the decision to not get the performance model,

If there’s one thing I’ve learned owning Teslas it’s that if you are second guessing performance you should get a performance. The regret on the other side is brutal. Do it.