Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a lot of people are in that boat. It will be interesting how they manage the people who swapped vs people who ordered outright. I don’t know that they will put people who swapped ahead of people who ordered first up on day 1 of LR orders (personally I hope they do :) ).

My SA said it would go on original order date, so as I ordered the RWD mid Dec and changed on day one to LR, then I would receive before somebody who placed a new order on Day 1. But who knows if this is true....... I would just like some indication of a delivery time frame, not just TBD for weeks and weeks, crazy.

Hopefully we'll see some movement in the next few weeks with VINs releasing, they may be getting more RWD out the door before starting on the LR as there are still orders from last year without VINs, for them would be annoying waiting so long and then LR releases and people start receiving them 6-8 weeks later.. Just a thought I had.
That may depend on Shanghai production schedule. It's hard to know what proportion of total production is allocated to each Y variation. RHD MYLR have been in production at Shanghai for some time to supply HK and UK.

My SA said it would go on original order date, so as I ordered the RWD mid Dec and changed on day one to LR, then I would receive before somebody who placed a new order on Day 1. But who knows if this is true....... I would just like some indication of a delivery time frame, not just TBD for weeks and weeks, crazy.
Funny that because my SA said that it would be date of ordering LR.

IMG_8699.png
Well that’s odd…

Reactions: iNcHeS
Looks like ETA for new LR orders are Jun-Jul
Mine still shows TBD since I changed from RWD so hoping it’s the original May-Jun range

Funnily enough it still shows April onwards for RWD and P models if they can time travel

Looks like ETA for new LR orders are Jun-Jul
Mine still shows TBD since I changed from RWD so hoping it’s the original May-Jun range

Funnily enough it still shows April onwards for RWD and P models if they can time travel
Interesting. RWD orders are showing Jul-Sept now.
Hopefully it’s just that the initial allocation of LR are done and it will be new orders in Jun-Jul. But I suspect unless we start getting VINs soon we won’t be getting them before July. I assume they do LR builds at the same time as P models given the similarities.

Interesting. RWD orders are showing Jul-Sept now.
Hopefully it’s just that the initial allocation of LR are done and it will be new orders in Jun-Jul. But I suspect unless we start getting VINs soon we won’t be getting them before July. I assume they do LR builds at the same time as P models given the similarities.
Must've updated in the last hour; quite a jump in wait times for RWD

A user in another thread bought an LR from inventory and was told it's almost here so hopefully a good sign the LRs are landing very soon