Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I must admit I am annoyed, I bought the red LR that was in inventory because I thought it was close and I would get it faster than my white one. It will be approx. a month probably before I can take delivery and the white one is on the way now as well. Honestly the ports need to get their Sh&^ together.
Has your EDD pushed out again?

People talk about novated leasing for the FBT benefit

My understanding is it does not need to be novated leasing. Can be any type of loan. The employer just provides the vehicle to the employee. Of course novated leasing makes it easy for the employer. But nothing to say an employer buying the vehicle with some type of mortgage and providing the vehicle for employee use

Am I correct?

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 6.08.18 pm.png

Here is the ATO explanatory page for FBT exemption for EV

Essentially an employer can purchase an eligible EV by whatever means/loans/mortgage/lease and then provide it to the employee for 100% private use and FBT will be zero.
The employer can of course adjust the employees wages to account for the provision of the vehicle.
Do not need novated leasing. Though as i said there are benefits of a novated lease.

Any thoughts?

Under a NL, the onus is on the employee to pay the leasing cost out of his/her salary. Naturally, for an employer provided car, as part of your employment package, the employer is responsible to pay the financing cost. In both cases, no FBT is payable for an eligible EV.

Reactions: Quickst
As I suspected/hoped a few MY LRs are available in inventory now in ACT. So grabbed a stock standard one in the dead of the night, hunger games style. That is the bloody Tesla buying experience as we all know.

VIN was promptly assigned with an EDD of May 26 - June 16 which is an improvement on my RWD Grey which has a delivery window a week further out. I have no faith in getting the RWD by the EOFY if my car is on Morning Crystal.

Now I am hoping they don't take away the VIN for the LR today. If it sticks I am hoping it is on either Viking Passama or Paganella.

As I suspected/hoped a few MY LRs are available in inventory now in ACT. So grabbed a stock standard one in the dead of the night, hunger games style. That is the bloody Tesla buying experience as we all know.

VIN was promptly assigned with an EDD of May 26 - June 16 which is an improvement on my RWD Grey which has a delivery window a week further out. I have no faith in getting the RWD by the EOFY if my car is on Morning Crystal.

Now I am hoping they don't take away the VIN for the LR today. If it sticks I am hoping it is on either Viking Passama or Paganella.
I have the same EDD for a Sydney delivery, and with the info I have from vedaprime on the ship and it’s docking locations/times I’m not at all hopeful for it to be delivered before July. There’s so much congestion at the ports along the east coast at the moment.

Nice however speaking from experience, your "inventory" model probably isn't actually close, probably sitting in the middle of the ocean waiting to dock, like my Red "inventory" is. My ETA was pushed out 3 weeks within a couple of days of ordering so called inventory model :mad:

Nice however speaking from experience, your "inventory" model probably isn't actually close, probably sitting in the middle of the ocean waiting to dock, like my Red "inventory" is. My ETA was pushed out 3 weeks within a couple of days of ordering so called inventory model
I have the same EDD for a Sydney delivery, and with the info I have from vedaprime on the ship and it’s docking locations/times I’m not at all hopeful for it to be delivered before July. There’s so much congestion at the ports along the east coast at the moment.
Thanks for the info. Yes I did miss the possibility of Tesla's airy fairy EDDs :(

Do you have build dates for your cars?