Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for those ordering a mY LR that value efficiency think carefully when choosing the wheels-

• Informative
Reactions: Maximillan
for those ordering a mY LR that value efficiency think carefully when choosing the wheels-
Thanks for that. For a start the test you included was with MYP not MYLR. The tyres were 19" Gemini wheels against the 21" Uberturbines, not the 20" Induction wheels. The 20" Inductions come with Michelin tyres not the very 'sticky' Pirelli's. I saw a British Youtube video comparing the 19" Gemini's with the 20" Induction wheels and the range difference was marginal.

Thanks for that. For a start the test you included was with MYP not MYLR. The tyres were 19" Gemini wheels against the 21" Uberturbines, not the 20" Induction wheels. The 20" Inductions come with Michelin tyres not the very 'sticky' Pirelli's. I saw a British Youtube video comparing the 19" Gemini's with the 20" Induction wheels and the range difference was marginal.
The 20 inch Michelin tyres will be more energy efficient than the Pirelli 21s but the side profile of the wheels play a factor, based on the results from the 2 Performance cars I would say the Gemini 19s will outperform the 20s on the LR by 6-8% at highway speeds, around town that doesnā€™t matter, on long trips away from the reliable Superchargers its significant.

The 20 inch Michelin tyres will be more energy efficient than the Pirelli 21s but the side profile of the wheels play a factor, based on the results from the 2 Performance cars I would say the Gemini 19s will outperform the 20s on the LR by 6-8% at highway speeds, around town that doesnā€™t matter, on long trips away from the reliable Superchargers its significant.
Don't remember the British video I watched but the difference was less than 6-8% from memory. More like 3-4%. But, I've ordered the Inductions on our LR because they look so smart. ;) 90% of my driving is relatively short range so it's not an issue and that sort of range difference on occasional trips is of little concern.

A question? What is the difference between 'side profiles' on each of the tyres? I'm certainly not doubting their test results but I can't get my head around what the difference is.

More VINS being allocated, still no LR šŸ˜­ This is crazy, why don't they have some already made or in production.

At this rate I really don't think the car will be coming in May or June.

And everyday the value on my Unicorn SR+ drops šŸ˜­
Yeh itā€™s killing my soul a little. Still the same TBD showing on my account. And Tesla reps not being able to provide any further insight either.

Yeh itā€™s killing my soul a little. Still the same TBD showing on my account. And Tesla reps not being able to provide any further insight either.
I think just having a date would be better than no date. Iā€™m still clinging to the website saying May-Jun with my expectation more like Jun-July but secretly, and unrealistically, hoping that they jump straight to allocating VINs for late May deliveryā€¦.

I think just having a date would be better than no date. Iā€™m still clinging to the website saying May-Jun with my expectation more like Jun-July but secretly, and unrealistically, hoping that they jump straight to allocating VINs for late May deliveryā€¦.
Funny, I've wondered about that too. My friend didn't get a delivery estimation nor a VIN for her RWD until 4 days before she picked it up.

Hopefully we'll see some movement in the next few weeks with VINs releasing, they may be getting more RWD out the door before starting on the LR as there are still orders from last year without VINs, for them would be annoying waiting so long and then LR releases and people start receiving them 6-8 weeks later.. Just a thought I had.

Last edited: