Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Power Frunk Hansshow Version 5.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for your response. Just got the version 4.4 today, and it does not have the emergency pull cord.
Asked the seller if they sold version 5. "Yes, yes. Latest version. Version 5".
In the mail the cardboard box says version 4.4, the control box, says 4.4, and the kit does not have the mentioned cord.

Thank you for your response. Just got the version 4.4 today, and it does not have the emergency pull cord.
In the mail the cardboard box says version 4.4, the control box, says 4.4, and the kit does not have the mentioned cord.
@trykkertor Hmm ... that doesn't seem to be the latest version then. The emergency pull cord should be included. I wonder if they forgot to pack it? You know, these things could happen. Can you request them to send the emergency pull cord to you then since it's missing and they confirmed it's V5 as well?

So with this set up if you are actually loading it up like your trunk, is there a button now on the drunk so you can press to close it as you walk away? Or do I have to open and close it from my phone or inside the car on the screen?

Hi, I'm new here...

I also have 4 version I bought in July. No emergency cable. I have been communicating (or trying to) with who I think is Hansshow in China via WhatsApp regarding purchasing the emergency cable but no luck yet. A lot of confusion as to who or where will sell me the cable.

They sent me a video of the E cable install via Whatsapp and I told them that's it and I want to buy it, but after days of back and forth communicating I still don't know where I can get it...as I said a lot of confusion while communicating and there's about a 12 hour difference in time zone making it difficult to converse in real time

If you or anybody here has an idea where to get the cable please post the info... thanks

Just installed Hansshow Power Frunk Version 5.0
was worried about the hard it was going to be to install, but it turned out to be not so bad!
Make sure to take your time when attempting the installation, easier than you think!

I had this installed in my Model Y and it will not latch...stops before it hits the latch. Have contacted Hansshow and they offered a software update.. still doesnt work! Suggestions?

I had this installed in my Model Y and it will not latch...stops before it hits the latch. Have contacted Hansshow and they offered a software update.. still doesnt work! Suggestions?
I had the same issue when installing mine, I had to disconnect the power for the motor that some with the Hansshow kit and let it release the cable a little manually. What was happening is that the cable was pulled to tight on that motor they send out and it needs to freespin a little to loosen up. It worked like a charm once I did that. You might also have to lock and unlock the mechanism a few times to get it to where it needs to be.

I had the same issue when installing mine, I had to disconnect the power for the motor that some with the Hansshow kit and let it release the cable a little manually. What was happening is that the cable was pulled to tight on that motor they send out and it needs to freespin a little to loosen up. It worked like a charm once I did that. You might also have to lock and unlock the mechanism a few times to get it to where it needs to be.
Hi Solelo,
I am having the same exact problem now. I am not sure what you mean by disconnecting the power to the motor and let it release the cable a little manually. Can you please emphasize on the fix?
thank you
Ron